My family and I have been staying at the Raphael annually for nearly 15 years. It's always been an attractive boutique hotel, and the change in ownership a couple of years back resulted in much needed repairs and upgrades. The trade off was a complete loss of personalized service. Our last stay in Dec 2012 was horrific. The reservations had a mix up - we get 3-4 rooms and for our first night we only had 2. I volunteer to sleep on the couch, ask for the bedding to be put in the room, along with more glassware and towels as we are three to a room instead of 2. We get back late and I don't realize that the one thin blanket I've been given is not nearly enough to stay warm - freeze all night. Ask for more blankets the next day, get blankets but the housekeeping staff took the sheets - still are not making the room up for 3 instead of two. Had to ask for coffee and cups, had to ask for towels. My guess is the housekeeping staff does not get a room census or doesn't read it. Upon check out we asked the valet for our car - they kept insisting that someone else's car was ours and actually asked as we were driving away if that car they had brought around wasn't ours?! Staff used to great us by name every year (having spent thousands there over the years), not anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City