From the time I booked this reservation online until we checked out, this could not have been any better. I live in South Florida and my mom lives in the Kansas City area. I flew in to KC that morning and hooked up with Mom and we made our way to the Plaza. Growing up in KC, I always love the ambience of the Plaza and this trip was no exception. It was cold outside, but we were warmed by the wonderful reception we received from everyone. Laura let us check in early and we were taken to a beautiful suite on the 9th floor that had a side view of the Plaza...not head on, but not bad either. The room was really quite nice...better than any I've stayed in before. I must say that the thing that impressed me the most in regards to the room were the sheets on the very comfy beds...they were the softest sheets I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping beneath...honestly, they were wonderful. While I would say that I usually sleep at hotels, I never get a good night's sleep; not so at The Raphael...not even my mom's snoring disturbed me this trip :) We had breakfast at Chaz and it was quite good; we were still full from the night before at The Cheesecake Factory...but, we ate what we could the next day and enjoyed it. It was my mom's birthday and they put a candle in her omelet! Again...I will definitely make The Raphael a place to go when I want to do something special in KC again. Everyone who represented this hotel went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and very special...thank you so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City