This place looks great online, and when you're walking in, but the infrequent and only-positive reviews on its website should be a warning. This place has some fundamental issues. (1) Soundproofing. I could hear normal conversation in the adjacent rooms (so they could probably hear me!). It was especially easy to hear what went on in their bathrooms. (2) The shower water pressure was minimal - the water didn't even get a foot away from straight down, and the temperature varied without warning from icy to scalding. (3) There was a ventilation duct in the bathroom ceiling, but absolutely no airflow, so that once the mirror got fogged up it stayed that way for a long time. (4) There was no in-room safe for laptops or other valuables. (5) The top of the dresser was filled with offensively priced snacks and drinks.
Not all bad though - it was immaculately clean, great assortment of pillows, free Wifi and wired internet, good lighting, the best towels I've found in a hotel in years, great cookies, punch, and fruit in the lobby, great location across from the plaza. So, they're making a very real effort, it's just too bad that the problems are so fundamental to the structure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City