“Elegant”

The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed November 22, 2012

When you walk through the door you can tell that you are in a special place. The lobby is elegantly decorated with furniture that could be characterized as art. The entire hotel is decorated in dark wood and gold finishes. Service was excellent and the restaurant was perfect. You must try the fried green tomatoes If you are a hardcore shopper it will take you several days to visit all the shops in the local area. The real shocker is that the rate is incredibly inexpensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marzullo
Bill C, Guest Relations Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Elegant Guest,

Thank you for such a great reference term dsecribing your recent stay with us at the RAPHAEL! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts from your visit. Thank you as well for your visit to CHAZ!

Please plan on returning during the Holidays, we will be looking for you...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ask for a plaza view suite -- sweet! Comfy beds, 2 TVs, updated, clean and nice. Coupon on the internet for cookies and milk delivered to your room. Good location on the plaza. Chaz (restaurant) had the best eggs benedict ever!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MidwestWineLover
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Raphael Guests,

Thank you for all your kind words about your recent stay with us, as well as your visit to Chaz. We too feel we have the best egg Benedicts in town! Please return and see us again soon, we will have the cookies and milk waiting for you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Aiyiyi! What didn't go wrong in this hotel?! My hosts were mortified that my reservation was lost. Even though we had the confirmation email from the hotel. The confirmation number was for someone else on another day. They found a room, but then let us know (at 2 p.m.) that we couldn't get in until four. OK, so they switched the room. After a long, hot shower,I was treated to the fire alarm going off in my room. When the front desk called and I explained (wet, dripping), they said "oh, it does that." (Hmmm, you'd think they could fix that!) Bar closed very early (no nightcaps, apparently), and the next morning, yup, my room rate was incorrect. Cute hotel -- nice idea, not as nice as they think they are. Service was sorely lacking. Next time, I'll stay across the street at the Intercontinental. Room/Jr. Suite was OK -- nothing special. Great bed, I'll give them that.

Room Tip: Ask for Plaza view -- but beware! They don't have rooms ready until 4 p.m.!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Renee W
Bill C, Guest Relations Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank for taking the time to inform us about the very unfortunate circumstances you endured. on your recent stay with us. Thanks to guests like yourself, we have an opportunity to give attention to situations that may require improvement. I obviously want to aplogize for the inconveniences you had to deal with, and I promise we will share your comments with the appropriate staff members, so we can correct these issues. Thank you so much for your input, your patience, and and your patronage. I hope we will have the opportuntiy to regain your confidence one day in the near future. If I can be of any personal service please contact me directly.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Kinda expensive but I got free breakfast an appetizer, bottle of wine and a horse carriage ride. The wine was a red and I wanted a white so they brought that up an exchanged it. The bath room is kinda small but who spends their time in there. Everything was great from the free valet I had to the drinks and cookies they had in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012
Bill C, Guest Relations Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Awesome Guests,

You guys are awesome as well! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as well as your patronage, we will look forward to your return, hopefully very soon, please stay in touch!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is my new favorite hotel. It is a boutique hotel that has been updated at some point in the last five years. I first found the Raphael when the Intercontinental next door was booked and I needed to be close to the Plaza. At first I was upset, but I am so glad I experienced the Raphael. I've never stayed anywhere else since. The rooms are actually suites, with an extraordinary bed, and a generous seating area. Super clean, clean, clean. Don't miss the restaurant "chaz" on the lower level, it rivals some of the best restaurants on the Plaza.....enjoy your stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cliffster1162
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear New Favorite Guests,

Clean is a beautiful word, and one we truly appreciate to hear! Thank you for all your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We will look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is an old hotel that is a part of Marriott's autograph collection (which is great - you get a boutique hotel *AND* Marriott Reward Points). As I said, it's an old hotel, so the rooms are a tad smaller than you might get in a modern hotel, but it's part of the charm. My favorite had to be the bathroom with it's amazing tile work in the shower. Adorable.

Quiet. Comfortable bed. Great restaurant on the premises makes for pretty good room service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OhFranklin
Bill C, Director of Sales at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Adorable Guests,

We feel the same way about you! Thank you for your kind words and review. We are very proud of our relationship with the Marriott Autograph Collection, it is the best of both worlds. Please make plans to return soon, we will be looking for you...

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Like another reviewer, I was in town for a conference at a nearby hotel, but my travel agent booked the Raphael for me. I usually take a look at TripAdvisor before leavign but didn't for this trip so I had no idea what the Raphael would be. What a very pleasant surprise. The hotel and staff was wonderful. From the moment I arrived it was easy to see that customer service was job was paramount to the staff. Te bellman greeted me at the car upon arrival and upon every entry and exit from the hotel during my stay. He even grabbed a bottled water after I came in from run. The staff at the desk were so friendly and were willing to chat. The room and bed were very comfortable. I also liked the sweets and hot chocolate that were left after turn-down service. The lobby also had different refreshments during the day. Thank you to the staff at the Raphael for making this A wonderful stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BruceR_2832
Bill C, General Manager at The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Place To Stay Guests,

We are so happy you did stay with us! Thank you for all your kind comments about our associates and the service you received. It is always so nice to share this with all the peolple who work so hard to make it happen everyday. We will look forward to your return.