We stayed at The Raphael Hotel over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was updated about three or four years ago. The staff was not certain how long ago the renovation had been. We had booked at King Plaza View Suite using our American Express Platinum points. We checked in and proceeded to our room. Much to our surprise we had everything we had requested, but the "King" bed. I proceeded back to the front desk to inform the clerk that had waited on us. She explained since we had booked through American Express Platinum Points that the hotel is not obligated to fill our complete request. This was news to us, but we did not dispute it. I will hesitate to use American Express Platinum points in the future. We were told by the front desk clerk that American Express books through the likes of Expedia, Travelocity, etc. So if you are booking points, be sure to inquire about this. Anyway, We took the double bedroom and enjoyed! The hotel is small but very nice. The only negative would be the new windows installed are not sound proof. You do hear the traffic but it didn't seem to bother our stay too much. We had breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel and the staff was incredible. The staff throughout the hotel was the same. Our first evening we enjoyed the string quartet on the small front lawn. And if you are traveling to KC during the holidays - it is truly an incredible sight with all of the plaza lit up!!! The location of this particular hotel is the best since it is on the plaza. We were also thrilled to see some of the retail vacancies that had occurred on the plaza a few years ago had filled. Saks is gone:( But the plaza is filled with wonderful restaurants and nice retail shops like Williams Sonoma, St. John, Michael Kors, and the upscale Halls (which has been a part of the plaza for many years). We ate dinner at JJ's restaurant which was also not a disappointment. Five stars! We enjoyed our stay and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raphael Hotel is an elegant, charming boutique accommodation modeled on the finest small European hotels. Readers of Travel+Leisure voted The Raphael Hotel one of the 2015 T+L 500 World's Best Hotels. With a combination of a significant historic landmark, vintage hospitality, and individualized service, this Kansas City luxury hotel delivers a unique destination experience in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri's famed Country Club Plaza.The hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza, is noted for its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its distinct brand of modern, regional American cuisine. Menus offer a concise, yet diverse variety of appetizers, salads, soups, entrees and desserts. Signature items include fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and a hand-cut, wet-aged prime beef Kansas City strip steak that advances Kansas City's beef reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Hotel Kansas City
- Raphael Kansas City