InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
$196
$179
$105
$109
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$159
Travelocity
  • Pool
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$170
Travelocity
1,665 results
All reviewsconcierge floorcraig walterreubenfront deskchristmas lightsclub levelhappy hourthe entire staffself parkingoakloungeplazaalamedavaletbalconiesbellmanconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I attended a training conference for 3 days and enjoyed the ambiance and comfort of this property. The room was very nice. I appreciated the large closet that automatically lighted up when opened and the fluffy pillows and bed linens. The bathroom was beautiful with white marble throughout and a large soaking tub which I took full advantage of... It was heaven! I was a little surprised such a lovely hotel would have such cheap toilet paper. It just seemed like a disconnect to me. I loved they had coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea in the lobby, especially nice when I came in from the freezing temperatures we experienced. The lounge with the large fireplace was a popular place for us to gather in the evenings. The server there was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

We're glad you enjoyed your guestroom, the large bath tub, the complimentary hot beverages in the lobby and your visit to the Oak Bar.

We would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Kansas City!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I returned to this hotel for the third year in a row to attend a multi day meeting in January. We had early morning breakfast buffet, noon lunches, and an evening dinner all in the roof top meeting area. Every meal was very good with quality and presentation top notch. Service was very good. We enjoyed a nightcap in the lobby bar both nights. It is not the absolute fanciest hotel I have been at this month, but it is good value and fits well with Kansas City. It is within walking distance of some great restaurants and shopping. I really appreciated free parking and liberal late checkout.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the plaza area
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank curlerpat
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

We're very pleased to learn you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay. Please know we appreciate your loyalty during the last three years!

We hope you plan on returning again next year. If you do, we will look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a fantastic hotel chain! Met my fam who were already Ambassadors, and was assured it would be worth my while, and it did not disappoint. Other reviews complain of some of the tired furnishings, and you will see a few, but everything is clean, and the service is literally the best I've ever experienced!!! From our greeter at the front door, to the lovely and helpful Nevada at the front desk, check in was a breeze.. What an amazing lady!!! I'd like to focus my review around the "concierge level access" as it was difficult for me to find many details prior to my stay. In my opinion, well worth it. Here's the scoop, if you take full advantage, it's worth it. Breakfast- smoked salmon with all the fixings, fresh fruit, pastries and always something warm like a ham/egg croissant or a breakfast burrito. Afternoon Tea- even if it's not your cup of tea, that's when the fresh baked cookies come out! Happy hour- 5-7pm nightly, decent shelf liquor (Smirnoff,Beefeater,Seagrams etc) at a do-it-yourself bar with mixers and garnish, plus wine and bottled beer including Boulevard, plus classy hot and cold hor devours! Lastly checkout out dessert hour at 8:30 for cordials like Baileys, Kahlua, Cognac and Chambord as well as delish desserts! Ask nicely and they'll bring you champagne, wine or beer too! The lounge is always open with snacks and soda/water/juice/coffee. The concierge, especially Craig is soooo helpful and nice... Whatever you need, ask, he will try to help! I'll never stay at another chain give the choice..relaxing, enjoyable and first class!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rio77
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star and very comprehensive review of the hotel!

We're obviously very pleased you enjoyed your experience and the service provided by our team, including Nevada and Craig!

Please stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

As a priority member since 1998, I have never been more disappointed! The rooms are small, the bathroom was dirty ( hair left in the shower), someone's hair on my comforter. The person checking me in was pleasant, but did not recognize my membership. In addition, my credit card was charged several times when the room was paid at booking.

Room Tip: To remain in the same group of hotels, you may want to select somewhere different than the KC Plaza location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomanisa A

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness and billing issues you experienced.

It would be very helpful if you could provide me with more details so we may follow-up on our end. If you would like to do so, please contact me at dbreckenridge@kanascityic.com. Thank you!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

So I had planned my vacation for 3 months to celebrate my 40th birthday and as a get away from all the stress in my life with the recent death of my brother. This was the very first vacation my husband and I were to take alone and we were to travel from Des Moines to the Sanibel Islands. Our airline ~Allegiant air ~cancelled our flight all together and since they only fly certain days and not very many flights at all we were unable to get on another flight. We were completely devastated. We ended up driving to Kansas City instead to still get away and relax. I called ahead and told them our situation. When we arrived at 1am we were greeted so nicely and their was a complimentary bottle of champagne and note written by Josh letting us know how bad they felt for us. The beds were awesome and the blankets were so comfortable. This hotel is very clean, very nice, and every person who works there needs a pat on the back for doing such a fabulous job. We will be back and we will spread the word of how wonderful your hotel is. Thanks again for making my birthday better since it was ruined by Allegiant air.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the plaza and a higher floor ~beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cutie98
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, Happy Birthday and our condolences on the loss of your brother.

We really regret that had you so many problems with your vacation, but certainly happy to learn that your experience with us eased your burden a bit. We will be sure to thank Josh for the service and compassion he showed you.

We would appreciate you staying with us again the next time you are in Kansas City.