Stayed at the hotel again after a 15 year gap. The hotel feels old. The owner or Intercontinental has not put much money into the property and it shows. It looks like a Ritz Carlton circa 1995. The room was fairly basic but large. The bed was just ok by recent hotel standards and the bedding felt "moist". The front desk attendant who checked us in was very efficient and welcoming given the late hour of our arrival. The front desk staff in the morning were rather cold and perfunctory. More like the post office than a hotel. The wait staff at the restaurant for breakfast were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant itself was nice and bright but again seemed like it had not been updated in many many years. I don't know where the Intercontinental chain is trying to position itself against peers but this property doesn't do much for the brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City