This previously was a Ritz Hotel. It is luxe with the old world feeling of paneled walls and antique furniture in the public spaces. The staff is well trained and friendly like one expects, but doesn't always find in beautiful hotels. I opted for a larger room. it wasn't that much more expense than the standard room and worth it. There was a small balcony with table and two chairs overlooking the Plaza and beyond it the midtown area highrises. The bed was bliss. there were black out shades which i like when traveling. Nice closet space with iron and digital safe. Beautiful bathroom, but I had water saving showers in hotels. Not as refreshing as a shower should be no matter how your turn the dial to change the tiny beads of water. The pool deck was overflowing (holiday weekend) and the water refreshing. The hotel wasn't that expensive and definitely worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City