My wife and I traveled to Kanas city for a wedding. We arrive on Thursday 4/25/13 and stayed until Sunday 4/28/13. When we arrived we were greeted by Ed at the valet/entrance to the hotel. He was over the top friendly. During our stay I spoke with Ed a number of times as I am one of those smoking heathens and smoking was allowed outside. Several times I asked Ed for directions around the area and his directions were superb.
Needless to say Ed made a great first impression for the hotel and he gets 5 stars in my book.
Now for the rest of the story. We stayed in the part of the hotel that has less floors and our room 259 overlooked the downtown area with a great view.
On several nights our group visited the bar and we had a very good time. My only complaint was the prices for the drinks which were kind of high for a cheapie like me.
The rest of the staff were most friendly and helpful.
On one day I used the exercise room which I felt was pretty good. There were elipticals, tred climbers, treadmills, exercise bikes, weights and weight machine.
The place has a pool but it is outside and the weather had not been nice enough for them to have it open so I can't comment on how it might have been.
Parking is a premium in the area and the hotel charges 15.00 per night and a little more for valet service.
All in all I was a very nice experience even thou it is pricy.
If I were to return to the area I would definitly consider returning the the hotel. By the by it is located close alot of neat shops and eateries/bars so you have many choices available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City