I attended a convention at the hotel, but did not actually stay there. The one problem I saw is that our group was just a little too large for the place. They ran out of rooms in our price category and turned a lot of people away like I was, but I did not mind the dawn walks thru the plaza because I was staying at another hotel nearby. The common area for the ballrooms was not large enough.
What I enjoyed most was the people who worked in this place. Even though I was not staying there, they tried their best to treat me well. The doorman took my coat for me. My husband spent the day in the lounge next to the desk and was treated very nicely. They didn't seem to mind if he didn't order food from them, but made sure he was comfortable and taken care of.
Food was very good except for one exception. Polenta should not be the main dish for lunch for group of people even if it is Lent. That just came across as strange. The other meals were wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and elegance amidst Kansas City's finest in shopping and dining, the InterContinental Kansas City at the Country Club Plaza is the destination for leisure and business travel. The hotel completed a very extensive renovation in March 2017, giving a contemporary feel to a landmark hotel in Kansas City's premier location for shopping, dining, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City