We had a room on the 11th floor (concierge level) and since we normally stay at HI Express or LaQuinta, of course the size of the room blew us away! One whole wall was floor-to-ceiling windows with a great view of the Plaza. It surprised me that this bathroom in this huge room (with 2 closets) was so tiny! Mouldings were chipped/a little moldy and had been painted over many times. Decor was a little dated, and lighting could have been brighter.
We went to the "happy hour" in the concierge lounge, great view, light snacks and make your own drinks. Good to meet friends before dinner. We were in a party in the rooftop lounge, and the food was top notch! Would have been a nice touch to have a couple waitresses taking drink orders in the room, but it was ok.
The price for this room was about what an all-inclusive resort costs, and nothing was included (except the happy hour and a small cold item only continental breakfast). So, based on value, I would not choose to stay here. Based on proximity to the plaza and the view, it is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City