InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
$169
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$180
$169
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$163
Curio.com
$149
$139
  • Pool
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$77
$68
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
$178
1,709 results
All reviewsconcierge floorcraig walterreubenfront deskchristmas lightsclub levellobby barhappy hourthe entire staffself parkingoakplazaalamedavaletbalconiesbellmanconference
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Here for a 3 night business stay. The service is impeccable and the location can't be beaten. Rooms are large and very nicely appointed, but the bathrooms could used a bit of updating. Gloppy latex caulking around the tub and marble surfaces is not what you would expect to find in a hotel of this quality. Overall, a fine hotel with a terrific staff.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor!

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff, the service they provide and the location of the hotel.

My apologies for the concerns you had with the caulk in your bathroom. If you would like to let me know which room you stayed in, we will be sure to re-caulk the bathroom. You may contact me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel is located right across from the Plaza. Tons of shops and dining options.

The bar in the hotel has a decent selection of food for a reasonable price and the wait staff is very friendly.

The lobby offers free coffee and tea in the morning and lemonade in the afternoon/evening. Nice touch!

We booked a standard Kind and were upgraded. The room had 2 balconies, 2 bathrooms, a sitting area and was clean and comfortable. The room faced the main road but i thought the noise level was low and not bothersome.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near the Plaza or traveling on business!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience on Trip Advisor!

We appreciate your kind words and will look forward to serving you again.

Very happy to learn you received a free upgrade.

We're also pleased you enjoyed the complimentary drinks in the lobby. The lemonade has been a big hit during the summer and fall, but my guess is that Hot Chocolate will soon be the featured item!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and spent three nights in this hotel recently. We were on the lounge level. The service and the amenities of this Intercontinental were far superior to the lounges in two other hotels of this brand we stayed in recently; Madrid and London. Starting with breakfast, then to a light lunch, then cocktails and snacks before we went out to dinner and lastly after dinner cordials and sweets. Both concierge; one in the morning and one in the evening, were outstanding. We were there over a weekend; Craig and Neil were their names as I recall.

The hotel is ideally located in a fine shopping area and shops are within walking distance. We come to Kansas City quite often and normally stay at a hotel across the street from the Intercontinental but could not get in there this time. So the good news is that we found a great alternative for the future.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5-star review!

We are so appreciative that you gave us a try and also, thrilled to learn you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We are excited to now be your hotel of choice and will look foreward to serving you again in the near future.

Whenever I may be of personal service to you during a stay with us, please feel comfortable in contacting me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was recently at this hotel for a convention and stayed for 4 days, 3 nights.
PROS: - Great location and very comfortable bed, pretty hotel.
CONS: My room was on the second floor right above the lounge. Needless to say I didnt get to sleep very early any of the nights. The music and people outside of the lounge kept me up well past 12:00 every night and the hotel wouldnt move my room. Not only was I exposed to some filthy businessmen talk until 12:00am, but the cigar smoke wefted into my room as well. Another con: I found a corn remover in my sheets! GROSS thing is, I dont have corns and it wasnt mine!

Room Tip: Ask to be put as far away from the lounge as possible. Rooms overlooking the plaza are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the fact you were kept awake by the music in the Oak Bar and by the guests were were sitting outside on the terrace. We stop the music on Wednesday's and Thursday's at 11:00pm.

Although I do not know the dates of your stay, I am confident we were sold out as if we were not, our staff would have been more than happy to move you to a quieter room.

I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the corn remover you found in your bed. It would be very helpful to know your room number and dates of stay so that we may follow up with our housekeeping staff to learn what happened. Please feel free to contact me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Once again, please do accept my apologies and I hope to hear from you so I can get more details and make amends to you.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has all the opulence you would expect of a hotel of this rating. You are greeted with a valet who rushes to your car in his top hat, ready to do whatever he can to start your stay with a welcoming smile. In a red marble lobby with a lovely crystal chandelier and you find a wonderful lounge with high ceilings and a fireplace you can curl up next to while listening to music.

When we got to our room we were welcomed by the same luxury. That night we were able to walk to the plaza.

The hotel, however, could quickly turn and lose it's grandeur. In the bathroom the white marble has been badly stained. In the shower the lighting fixture looks like it was installed by a new home owner trying their hand and DIY. These little attention to details makes one wonder what else could be slipping through the cracks.

These could be something that the hotel is aware about and planning on fixing, it could be that things are slipping here. Minor fixes could keep this hotel great, but it could also be signs of a hotel in decline.

• Stayed: October 2012
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for all your feedback and positive comments.

We are very glad to learn you were so impressed with most aspects of your stay.

We are aware that we have 10 guest rooms (out of our 366) that have stained vanity tops. We are in the process of changing these out and will be finished in the next few weeks.

We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to Kansas City!