There are a few things that I seek out for every review. This hotel met most of my needs, and surprisingly had a value add for me. See, when I travel, I can never get a cup of coffee like I have at home every morning - just some coffee with vanilla creamer. I don't want a Vanilla Latte that tastes like crap from some coffee shop. I want to put in my own creamer and drink 2 cups. I was totally jazzed that they set up a coffee bar every morning. With flavored creamers for me to dump in there until my heart's content. I was especially jazzed when I got up early to go to the airport and could grab a great cup of coffee to drink along the way. It's the little details that make travelers happy!!! Good Job I. Other than that, here's my standard things if you're traveling with a family - It's very clean, housekeeping - where were they? The room was always cleaned, but I never saw them hanging around the hallways, or calling the room to ask if they could clean it. They just seemed to be totally non intrusive and did a great job. Bed, super confortable. Our room had a pull our sofa, which my daughter and I took turns sleeping on. The room size was awesome. For families, here's the biggie, but I didn't count it against them - no Disney channel unless you want to pay. This hurts when you travel with kids. We got one movie that was 17.00 and watched it 3 times. I thought the price was high. I hate hotels that make you pay for episodes of kids shows - especially public tv. But, I don't count it against them becuase I don't know enought about what the cable company allows or charges them for. Rooms and hallways are quiet. The doors don't SLAM when people shut them, which helps with sleeping. We were on the first floor - street noise was alot to adjust to so if it's a problem for you, request higher up. The most important thing for me - this hotel had to be filled to capacity. They had so much going on. However, they did not miss a beat on service. We walked down to the hotel restaurant (which you should avoid) for dinner and on the way back, the concierge asked how our dinner was. I was impressed that he even noticed we were going there. Overall, this is a great place to stay, close to the plaza - which is where you should eat your meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, where you will find impeccable service and all the luxuries you have come to expect from an InterContinental Hotel. Our luxuriously appointed guest rooms and superb meeting facilities are all just steps away from the Country Club Plaza entertainment district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Intercontinental
- Fairmont Hotel Kansas City