“Awesome place for families who enjoy basketball”

The College Basketball Experience
Ranked #39 of 159 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The College Basketball Experience (CBE) is the nation's official hall of fame for men's collegiate basketball. A highly interactive sports facility, The CBE is the anti sports hall of fame. You may sweat here! Fun for the entire family.
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We really loved The College Basketball Experience. We were there on a Friday during the day (and I assume school was in session in Kansas City), so it was not too crowded. We have 3 boys (13, 11 and 7) all of whom play basketball and are sports nuts. They LOVED it. There are lots of interactive activities -- 3 point shooting, various heights of hoops to dunk on, free throw shooting, practicing your jump shot, checking your vertical, pop a shot, etc., There were also full sized courts to play on. The museum portion of this attraction is a little weaker than the interactive portion. The short movies they play were very good, but the exhibits were small and had too much reading to keep the kids interested. The hall of fame is fairly new it looks like, so not many people "inducted". There was a lot to do and our kids were very entertained, as were my husband and I. If your kids are younger (under 6), they might not enjoy this as much. We will be back!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Great for families, lots of courts and shooting challenges. I'll be back!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I really like the College Basketball Experience. When I first went I was expecting more of a museum-like atmosphere, but it really wasn't like that at all. They have a bunch of different full size basketball games and courts to play games... almost like a full sized basketball arcade I guess. We went on a weekend morning and it wasn't crowded at all. Great place to go with kids maybe ages 10 and up or so.

1  Thank BHarps84
Reviewed April 9, 2011

If you like basketball, this is a fun place to go. We went on a Thursday in April and there were no lines at all. My middle schooler said it was the best time of our trip to Kansas City (we are from the Louisville KY area). I think most kids/adults like the "activties" vs the museum part. Overall a good time. It cost over $40 for a family of 4, that seemed a little high. There is a parking garage across the street that cost @ $6. Was surprised there was no store at the end- maybe it was under construction, not sure.

1  Thank airlinefamily36
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband and I enjoy competing and I also was overdue with my second child so I was trying to induce labor! There was lots of opportunity for competition, the lines were short or no lines at all and so there was not a lot of standing around. We had a good time! Would be a great family event as well.

1  Thank miholla