“Finger licking good!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Stack Barbecue

Jack Stack Barbecue
Ranked #9 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omaha
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finger licking good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I had the beef tips and they were excellent, full of flavor and cooked just right. Good atmosphere and service excellent. Will be back for sure!

• Korean first
Naples, FL
“Great ribs but nothing to rave about!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great location and servers, but I thought the burnt ends were tiny portions for the price. Pork ribs were great and the sides; well, they were good sides. After seeing a 2 1/1 wait for Friday dinner, we did a much more senseable lunch. Good stuff but not over the top, as I had expected.

Visited December 2012
South Carrollton, Ky
“Amazing BBQ & Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Kentucky has fine barbeque, as do many other states, but when our Kansas City friends took us to Jack Stack, we found nirvana!!! Ever heard of burnt ends? Not the burned, black stuff we throw away, but some of THE BEST tender meat ever. My husband tried the sampler platter which included some of the best BBQ chicken he ever tasted. If you love mac & cheese, try their corn & cheese. Other sides were great, too. We're going back at Christmas & have given gift cards from Jack Stack for Christmas. We haven't done it yet, but one can even order their food & have it shipped. Yea!!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank WorldTravelers1218
Minneapolis, MN
“Bring Your Appetite!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

One of the goals of our two-day getaway to KC was to eat some KC BBQ. We chose Fiorella's because of the location (we wanted to go to the Plaza anyway) and the high rankings on TripAdvisor.

The first thing I will say is bring your appetite! We were eating here on our way out of town, we were trying not to eat too much. Too much food = Sleepiness on the road. So, we ordered an appetizer and then ordered a sampler that said it was for two. I wish the waitress had advised against that. The sampler for two was more than enough food for us, and the appetizer was unnecessary. When we mentioned that to our waitress after the meal she said she would have advised against it but we had ordered & eaten the appetizer for we ordered the meal. Oh well, I guess we got to try more that way.

The service was great. We ate here during a weekday during the lunch rush. It was clear there were a lot of business people here on their lunch break. Even though the place was busy, our service was great, the food was great and it was served hot.

The BBQ was good but I'm not sure it lived up to the hype. I can't say how it ranks with other KC BBQ joints because this is the only one I've had (so far), but I would go back. The server brought several bottles of BBQ sauce over for us so we could try them all, which was nice, especially since it seems everyone like different things in their BBQ.

Probably any attire from casual on up would work. Also, any type of group or occasion would probably be fine here (co-workers, friends, family, maybe even business meetings).

All in all, I'm glad we tried it. It WAS good, but I'm not sure it was quite worth all the hype. I would go back, and I feel like the service good and value was fair.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Regina, Canada
“Lives up to the hype.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Ate here twice over a four day trip to Kansas City. Was curious to see if this restaurant lived up to all the hype and it DEFINITELY DID. This was by far the best BBQ I've ever tasted. Every single item was fall off the bone delicious, and the portions are enormous. I would highly recommend the Crown Ribs if you're hungry. Don't think you will be short changed if you select an item that is enough for two. Most of these items will feed more than two so bring your appetite. The staff is very fast and courteous and will answer any questions you have. Be sure to buy some sauce to take home, you won't regret it. The only downside is that the lounge is pretty dark

• Visited December 2012