Kansas City Marriott Downtown
$178
InterContinental
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
$229
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$111
Priceline
1,233 results
All reviewsconvention centermain towerpower and light districtthe concierge loungepower striplobby barwithin walking distancetop floorattending a conferenceguest servicesself parkbusiness travelercoffee makervalet parkingelevatorskywalkmetropolitan
Reviewed June 6, 2014

It was a beautiful hotel in downtown Kansas City, MO with all the expected amenities and pleasant staff. They provided a play pen for our son and a fridge for storing his formula and were generally very helpful when providing dinner recommendations. The hotel is walking distance from some great eating areas and was easy to get to but you will need a car to get to the country club plaza.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we were able to meet your needs. If you are ever in the Kanas City area again I hope you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My family and I were in Kansas City for a graduation celebration and we stayed 3 nights at the Downtown Marriott. The location was terrific; we were able to walk to many restaurants and stores, and rarely had to use our car. When we did need to drive, the valet was amazingly quick - the car was always ready for us by the time we got to the lobby.

The kids favorite was the pool! It was surprisingly large for an indoor pool and when the sun shone, it didn't feel like indoor as the skylights were plentiful. Though we didn't use it, we saw many guests using the fitness center, and the people who worked there were always so pleasant.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet on 2 mornings, and found the food very fresh and the service very helpful. One of our children doesn't eat breakfast food, but the restaurant accommodated him with a special meal and for that we were very grateful.

Our rooms were beautiful! The southern view of the city was awesome, lots of natural light from the windows. The beds were uber comfy with down-style comforters and pillows. Housekeeping was terrific (and very fast!) and quickly helped us with a request for more pillows.

Our family highly recommends the Marriott Downtown - every need was fulfilled and the staff was always so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
David T, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post the nice review of our Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you had an exceptional stay and that our staff and location meet your needs so well. If you travels bring you back to Kansas City I hope you will let us serve you again. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here for my daughter's 21st birthday so we could be within walking distance to Power and Light District. The room was prefect; beds were comfortable, clean and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for your review and choosing the Kansas City Marriott Downtown for your daughters 21st Birthday! With the Power & Light District so close to the hotel it is very convenient for all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments and on your next big celebration we look forward to being your host hotel again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had trouble at the beginning, not getting the room I reserved (handicapped) and then on the second room, the tub leaked with the water going all the way to my bedroom carpet. The staff were very helpful in moving me to my third room and I was given a meal certificate for all the trouble. I was not happy with that and I talked to the manager, who said it is all he can do. I complained to the event organizer and finally, another manager of the day, Beth M., gave me a hotel complimentary, which I am very satisfied. Kudos to her!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MariaBo2014

Thank you for your review. My apologies again for the inconveniences you experienced with your room accommodations. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I am sorry that we fell short of that. I know we were able to make it up to you and our procedures are being reviewed. Thank you again for taking the time to send your comments and please come back and visit when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip for 4 nights. The hotel is centrally located in downtown KC and many destinations are an easy work from the hotel.

The hotel lobby is very welcoming and nice.

The rooms are okay, but they could us a bit of an update. I would have to say that this hotel is just average for the Marriott nameplate and I frankly expected better.

The staff, however, were all very friendly and accommodating. They could not have been nicer and clearly know how to serve their customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Beth M, Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback about your recent stay at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. In your comments you mentioned that our Lobby was very welcoming and I am pleased that you liked this area of the hotel. I am glad that our staff were Brilliant hosts to you and assisted you through your stay. We are planning a room renovation in the near future once we complete our meeting room and public area renovation and we are looking forward to the new look. Thank you again for your comments and for staying at our property for business. If your travels bring you back to Kansas City we look forward to being your host hotel again.