“Great location - Very busy hotel”

Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 28, 2013

On arriving here, I was told that my room wasn't ready yet. It was a busy week for them with a national event and they had clearly overbooked. When I finally got a room though, it was overlooking the front plaza which has a great view to the city.

Parking at the hotel is about $5 a day with unlimited In/Outs. A great location in downtown Kansas City with most of the attractions within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your guestroom was not ready when you arrived at the hotel. We were glad to hear that you did enjoy your guest room with a great view. We hope to see you return to us again for a great Marriott experinece!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overall this is a nice place to stay. We would stay here again when in town.
The staff is super friendly and the hotel is clean.
We were in a room across the glass walkway in the Muehlebach Hotel (now part of the Marriott).
Our room was clean, comfortable, quiet and very nice. Initially I was a bit worried as I had read some negative reviews about staying in this tower, but it ended up being better because we didn't have to deal with the crowds in the main tower.
The Muehlebach has it's own private entrance from the street and access to both parking garages via underground walkways. It was nice being able to go in and out as we please, without having to wait in line to use the elevator in the main tower.

As others have mentioned, it is a quick walk down to the power and light district. There is also a nice grocery store a few blocks away that makes excellent sandwiches.

Parking is about the only downside to staying here. If you valet, you will wait forever. Equally annoying, if you self park, you drive around for 30 minutes trying to find a spot, eventually giving up and go to the other convention center garage. Once you get the car parked, it is best to just leave it there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your guestroom to your liking and got to experience our friendly midwestern hospitality! We look forward to serving your travel needs at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown should you return to the Kansas City area!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I tried to check into this place for the night, but they had some 8,000-person conference going on and they couldn't accommodate me. I came back later, though, to ask about a good live music venue and ended up talking to the ridiculously friendly and down-to-earth concierge for an entire hour! Her and her coworker searched the ENTIRE TIME for a music venue for me, even calling many of the places to ask about their offerings. She provided me with lists of the city's best attractions that she had compiled in her free time, and when she heard about my difficulties finding a hotel, she even offered to let me stay with her for the night if I had to! I imagine that's quite against hotel policy, but she was simply concerned that I was safe in her city. Basically, she treated me like a friend instead of a client she had to please, which was so appreciated, especially since I wasn't even staying there. Every other worker I met at the front desk and the bar was great, too, and the place was beautiful and clean. Definitely makes me want to stay at a Marriott on my next trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Your comments about our hotel made me smile! I'm happy to hear that our front desk staff assisted you in finding a good live music venue! We certainly hope you stay with us the next time you are in the Kansas City area!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've stayed at most of the major hotels in downtown Kansas City and I really appreciated this one! We had an incredible view overlooking the Convention Center. The service was great and the staff was really friendly. I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Convention Center - the view was really cool at night!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experinece. We are very pleased you were able to enjoy our friendly midwestern hospitality! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Your personnel is outstanding, each person working at your hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. I am impressed. Your people are very well trained, no matter what job they do. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We are very pleased you enjoyed our Midwest hospitality during your stay at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. I hope to see you return to us soon for another great Marriott experience!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Overall good experience, room was clean, bed was good, not great but good, staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Good choice in dining, the location is great, right across from the convention center and a very short walk to the power and light district with some great dining options. The only real complaint and what is keeping me from giving them 5 stars is that the rooms were not quiet. The beeping from the outside cross walk electric signs was clearly heard all night in the room. I had to download the sleep apps on my IPod to block the noise out. Once the noise was blocked out with more noise lol, I was able to get some good sleep. Overall good but could be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not on the street side with the annoying crosswalk signs that beep all nig...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thanks for staying with us at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location and also experienced our friendly midwest hospitality! We apologize that you were disturbed by the noise outside of the hotel. We try hard to make every attempt to minimize the disturbances to our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to the Kansas city area.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nearly everything in this hotel is first rate. The people, the accomodations, the location. Quite clean and quiet. We had the breakfast buffett three times and it is excellent. Parking directly across the street or valet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay and your great review for the Kansas City Marriott Downtown! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon!