WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #23 of 113 Hotels in Kansas City
Boston, MA
“Average, comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for a night in May 2013 for business. The rooms were average - clean and comfortable. I'm not sure I'd choose the hotel for a leisure trip, but it was good for an overight work stay. I was put in the building across the street, which was not an issue for me. The location was close to both my office as well as the Power & Light District for dinner, which was nice.

Room Tip: Should request to be in the main building if that is important to you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had not been back to KC in over 20 years but attended a wedding over the weekend and found this hotel to be a total gem. A very service oriented place with everyone from the bell staff, restaurant and bar servers to front desk staff totally on top of their game. I stay at many other Marriotts across the country on a regular basis but have not found one to be any more impressive than this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed our Midwest hospitality during your stay at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown! We value your business and we strive to meet your expectations. We thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently completed a tour of the midwest and attended six major league baseball games in six cities, and overall this was a great location and hotel. The room was clean and bright and staff at the front desk was excellent. My toast from room service was a little soggy though.

Overall, it was ok and I may be back next time I go to a Royals game.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Kansas City Marriott Downtown to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs when you return to the Kansas City area.
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter's wedding was in Kansas City last September and we stayed at the Marriott Downtown. Not only were we treated poorly, someone went "shopping in my rented room and helped themselves to my jewelry, my purse and a Kindle Fire HD" . We were told by the security not to call the Kansas City Police Department because the Marriott does their own security--so I did called the KC Police Dept and filed a police report. I was told the Security at the Marriott believed I was lying and wanted to get money from the Marriott. I told them I wanted my stuff back and they again stated I was lying about my missing items. The hotel does not have safes in the rooms and I was told I should have put my valuables in their safe at the front desk. Are they kidding--Why can't I rent a room without a person or persons go thru my stuff and help themselves to my personal property?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank xyz973
Rusty M, General Manager at Kansas City Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay this past September. We have instituted many property upgrades for our guests including the addition of safes located in each guestroom. Our guest’s comfort, safety and security continue to be a top priority. We thank you for alerting us to this issue during your stay and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to Kansas City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Best consierge Lounge I have found. Fun lobby restaurant with good food . Good views from high floors. Rooms are recently renovated and spacious. Ask for room in tower by the lobby it is a hike to the other tower.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality, plus enjoying our restaurant! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott during Memorial Day weekend. Loved being near the Power & Light District on Sat night! My husband and I stay there everytime we're in town. The lobby has been redone since we were last there and it's a nice addition - it's got an updated look and is a fun place to hang out and have a drink. The room was big (and very clean), the bed was really comfortable and the staff was friendly/knew their stuff.

Room Tip: Get a room facing south - best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We're glad you experienced our caring service, great hotel amenities and great location! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Valdosta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

There were two sides to this hotel. The main hotel was very nice and recently updated. The second hotel was across the street with covered breeze way to cross over. The was very inconvenient when traveling with a group. Some people were on one side and some on the other. The rooms were very nice on the other side, but, the lobby was very outdated and not very inviting.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in the main hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and we want to thank you for your comments and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.