“Great view” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kansas City Marriott Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kansas City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Tampa, Florida
“Great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Clean location, very helpful employees. Valet was good. Refrigerator available upon request in room. Lack of outlets. Stayed on 12th floor. Did not use breakfast or spa services.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel, in the Mulhebach Towner, as part of a conference. The rooms are basic, but clean and usable. The two biggest complaints are the lack of outlets and lack of a safe in the room. I would think that a business hotel would provide adequate electrical outlets. I tried to get information from the information desk. There was no one there, but a woman at the front desk was very helpful, providing maps and information about the area. I like to take public transport when in a city. The bus service only comes every 20 -25 minutes! Best to taxi, although if you want a taxi, someone must call for you, give your name and then you wait for the taxi. I found the shops and restaurants very helpful with this, but you do have to wait - although the taxis do come much faster than you are quoted.

Upon arrival, there were 3 things not working in our room. I think these should have been noticed and repaired before the room was occupied. I will say in Marriott's defense, that when I called down to the desk to report the problems, they were taken care of in a timely manner.

The hotel is undergoing a remodel. Perhaps my complaints will be addressed as part of the remodel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the park. This was very nice, but you face the main building that has lights ar...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

The view of downtown Kansas City from the 18th floor was amazing! So worth checking out. My King Room was spacious

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I was coming to Kansas City for a conference that was being held at the Marriott D/T, so we had a pretty fair rate even though there were some cheaper rates nearby but for these conferences it sometimes better to stay in the conference hotel. When I checked in was told our room was in the Mulhebach Tower which was across the bridge, so trudged up the elevator, across the bridge and up to the room. Asked for higher floor but the trainee at the desk really couldn't figure it out, got a middle floor which was OK. Room was basic room with desk and corner chair, tried to get my computer set up and looked for outlets in desk or lights but there weren't any, had to pull lamp plug and put in the power cord I carry in computer bag. Room never really cooled down

Stayed April 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent the night of April 13, 2012 at the Downtown Marriott because I was in town for a conference. This is a nice place by all standards, and there is no reason not to feel comfortable here. This is the main thing I liked about being here-we were able to walk around downtown in that 24+ hour time without having to take our car out of the parking garage. However, you actually have to pay to park at the hotel. I'm not used to that. $13 to park yourself and $18 for valet.

The thing I didn't like was the inavailability of snacks and beverages by the ice machine. We started at the 2nd floor (I think) and went down, and did not find any beverages/snacks by the ice machines and went to the bar and got a small bottle of water for $1.50 (possible reason there were no machines?-inducement to trade at restaurant, bar?). We decided to see if we could find any beverages/snacks as we were told they were to be one or the other on every floor. We did find beverages (a much larger bottle of water for $1.75) on the 4th floor and at that point gave up our search.

Also, this hotel is in two separate buildings (actually according to Wiki there are three http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muehlebach_Hotel). We stayed in the Muehlebach building which I was in several times as a kid and remembered it's grandeur then. I wish I'd gone in and seen the original lobby. We, however, went in the main entrance and walked quite a distance across a skywalk. This is a nice place, just for the price, I'd expect free parking and accessibility to beverages, etc. In some ways, middle-class digs provide more for less.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ponyexpresstown
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

great room, great service, wonderful for what we were there for (conference). we were in the second tower (across the pedway from the main lobby) and found it to be great access to the convention centre, and all the amenities we needed. close to the power and lights district (a few blocks) and the beautiful square across the street for enjoying the sunshine. Lilly's had good food as well as the lounge (although the service in the lounge was TERRIBLE, the service during the day at the restaurant was excellent.)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Olathe, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while celebrating our anniversary a couple weeks ago.

We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff and by our surprise, we were upgraded to a beautiful suite on the 20th floor! It was the such an amazing view of the city at night, and the room was HUGE and very clean! The General Manager personally assisted me with our reservation and was so sweet and kind.

You have the option to pay for valet parking, or you can self-park as well. It's only a couple blocks from Power & Light and the Sprint Center. It's so nice to be able to drop off your bags and go out for the night without ever needing to drive.

We have stayed at a few of the hotels downtown, and this was by far our best experience. The rooms were more spacious, extremely clean, and the staff was very professional. I will definitely be returning!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for the business traveler, couples, and/or families. They seem to be very diverse and able to accommodate all guests.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better. :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple