“Down home food with downtown pizazz!”
Review of Pot Pie

Pot Pie
Ranked #95 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Used to the likes of Sidney Street, Farmhaus, and Local Harvest across the state in St. Louis, Pot Pie was a welcome night out. Excellently seared scallops, crunchy asparagus, fresh and seasonal produce, aka tomatoes taste like tomatoes. Well worth a stop!

1  Thank derekblackmore
There are newer reviews for Pot Pie

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We found this place not here on TA, but rather on Yelp. The reviews there were wonderful and I was sad to see that it didn't rank higher here. Pot Pie is the best place you have never been to in the KC area. Tucked away in a small space in Westport, there are maybe 10-12 tables and a cozy bar area. The small menu is displayed on a chalkboard and changes from time to time. My husband and I shared the mussels starter and it was great. Tender mussels, flavorful broth, and plenty of bread to soak it up. My husband went with the chicken and vegetable pot pie and it came out of the kitchen with a golden brown and flaky crust. It was steaming hot and delicious. I opted for the pan roasted chicken, which our server told us was their signature dish. It came out resting atop mashed potatoes and haricot vert and surrounded by an extremely flavorful pan sauce. The chicken was tender and absolutely fabulous.

We had a reservation and they do encourage them on Friday and Saturday nights. We will definitely be going back when we are back in town.

2  Thank Jenn G
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I had to write a review when I saw pot pie is ranked 200 something. I assume it's because there are only 2 reviews written. But the place is always busy but without huge waits. Anyway, the foo is always awesome, the menu rotates pretty often, they always offer some chicken, fish, steak and of course pot pie options. The chocolate bread pudding for dessert is amazing, and the steamed mussels for appetizers are my two favorites. The restaurant is small and charming, great for a romantic night, and the servers are all greAt. Love it!! My husband and I have been eating there for years an they are amazingly consistent. Never had a bad experience.

1  Thank Lucygal222
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a cute little restaurant in the Westport area of Kansas City. We were in town for a quick weekend getaway and had lunch at potpie based on favorable reviews on yelp and tripadvisor. It is cozy and hip at the same time. Our waitress was very friendly. The menu is displayed on a chalkboard. We didn't drink alcohol so I can't provide any info on the bar. My husband had the beef potpie and it was amazing! Tender beef and mushrooms in a flavorful gravy with a flaky pastry crust baked in an individual crock. I had serious entree envy! I had a special for the day,grilled wild salmon with grilled veggies. It was also delicious but when I come back I will definitely want the potpie. Service was perfect. Definitely coming back here on my next trip to KC.

3  Thank biffytreepod
Reviewed July 9, 2012

So admittingly, I am a bit biased about food in Kansas City. It's some of the best. But PotPie, takes being a food snob up a thousand levels or so. From the cozy decor to the simply amazing food, Potpie delivers the culinary experience of kings!

The secret to this place is to not sit at a table, but instead cozy up to the bar. Between the two mixologists and their fancy new twists to classic drinks, the delightful service and the great conversation, it's seriously the best seat in the house.

The Brie, goat cheese crostinis, the chicken potpie and the bread pudding are all favorites.

Closed on Mondays (Boo-hoo) but open every other day, this is a mouth pleaser!

2  Thank sassneggs