“Water, water everywhere”
Review of KC Fountains

KC Fountains
Ranked #15 of 168 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: "The City of Fountains" boasts more than 40 public water works, ranging from classical to modern, minimalist to ornate.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kansas City is the city of fountains and you can find one almost everywhere you go in this city. My fav is the JC Nichols fountain located on the East end of the entrance to the Plaza shopping district. Have loved this one since I was a little girl.

All reviews
"parks"
in 11 reviews
"benches"

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The fountains are very pretty and cool. Definately fun to enjoy as you are shopping oe Plaza. One almost on every corner. all unique.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited my husbands brother while he was living in Kansas City last summer and thought visiting the fountains would be something nice to do that was FREE! There were several fountains and were pretty to look at. While they were free (which is always a plus), they aren't anything spectacular. Once you have seen a few fountains, you have seen them all. If your looking for a free attraction, this is it. But don't get too excited about them!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Kansas City Fountains are beautiful, and probably quite romantic to some. I think I'm pretty oblivious to romance unfortunately, and I see them every time I'm in the area (which is pretty often), so I don't get a huge kick out of them. But I can see how people would.

1  Thank Josh R
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've lived in the KC area for 20 years now, and am in and out of town frequently, and must say that, when I DO see the famous fountains, they tend to be non-operational. Kansas City's a great town, and I love it -- I understand that the fountains are costly to maintain and to keep in operation, but in my opinion, they are an over-hyped feature.

1  Thank Steve P P