“Fun!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We frequently drive 30 minutes to enjoy this quirky joint with Great breakfasts. The corn beef hash is excellent. Superb pies.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Tucked away in an assuming old storefront just a stone's throw from Hospital Hill, You Say Tomato is a neighborhood find that's gathering diners from all over Kansas City. Fresh daily specials such as the best gazpacho ever, a chicken-artichoke panini and terrific selections of garden-grown green salads, followed by homemade dessert rhubarb-strawberry or blackberry pies make this possibly the best /breakfast/lunch eatery in town. Shhhh. It's a secret, but go yourself and take a few friends who'll be delighted you let them in on your find.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We love the Tomato! We eat here every time we come to KC, the menu always has something unique, and it's always homemade. I had the French toast casserole this morning, it was fantastic, sweet and yummy. The yogurt parfait is to die for with the homemade granola. It was too early today for me to try the fennel gallette, but it sounded great. I always see people eating the biscuits and gravy, not my thing, but my son says its the best he's ever had, the grits are cheesy and tasty with a pop of jalapeño ...yum. The owners (and chefs) Mark and Randy are as nice as can be, and the staff are all friendly. The Tomato has a neighborhood feel to it, sit back, chill out and enjoy yourself! I highly recommend this restaurant! When you vist, say hi to Mark & Randy for me :)

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I think we may have found a new favorite breakfast restaurant! It’s so cute and delicious! I had the breakfast croissant and it was wonderful. The menu is on a chalkboard and you order before you sit down. I definitely recommend sitting outside if possible!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

this is a perfect place to stop for breakfast or lunch. locally owned, quality food and friendly staff. nothing too fancy- just good ol' feel good food.