“Eggscellent”

Ranked #22 of 1,470 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The friendly eggtc. staff takes pride in preparing and serving you the finest and freshest gourmet breakfasts and delicious lunches that are sure to please any palate. Enjoy omelets, crepes, pancakes and waffles. Quiche made to order, homemade yogurt and granola. Also delicious pastries and fresh fruit cut daily. The eggtc. Coffee Bar features prime Costa Rican blends by Parisi Artisan Coffee. Latte, Espresso, Cappuccino, Café au Lait - many served both hot or iced.Our lunch menu, offered after 11AM, includes tasty signature sandwiches, garden fresh salads and homemade soups - all prepared with choice fresh ingredients.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Love this place! It's just south of the Plaza district and adjacent to UMKC. Has a great vibe--KC friendly and funky too. Did I mention that the food is good and the staff are friendly?

I've only had breakfast but they do lunch too.

It's a place where all kinds of people go--singles, couples, families with kids, friends--you name it.

1  Thank Alice_from_Maryland

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Neighborhood friendly with traditional as well as creative dishes. My daughters and I had breakfast on a Friday morning and the place was full. Quick service yummy food.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

You can get your pancakes with ice cream on top?! Woohoo! Our pancakes, bacon, and potatoes were all delicious. The fresh-squeezed orange juice was amazing and the coffee was smooth. A great experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I went here for the first time for a Saturday brunch. We told the waitress it was our first time and she helped us navigate the menu and made recommendations. I had already chosen ahead of time to order the goat cheese and apple omelet and was not disappointed! What a wonderful combination burst of flavors! My husband enjoyed his meal as well, which included a side of raisin French toast. We were served lots of coffee (yeah!) and enjoyed the quiet side room we were seated in. I will definitely be back to try out more of the fun menu options. Thanks for being a great waitress, Chelle! :)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I love French Toast and pancakes. I am a Carboholic - there, I admitted it. I have had French toast and pancakes everywhere. I have even made them myself.

This morning, while my wife was still sleeping I decided to go out on Trip Advisor to find a breakfast spot I have not been to and found Eggtc. The menu looked perfect and the reviews were strong so when she woke up, I poured a few cups of coffee into her and away we went. The place is in a great location and it was hopping. Lot's of people and we were told there would be a 15 minute wait. At around 15 minutes we were seated - so far so good. We ordered and received some great coffee. I'm also a coffee addict! I ordered, you guessed it, the french toast with one pancake on the side. My wife ordered an apple, goat cheese omelette which she loved. The bagel it came with was ok.

My French toast was a big disappointment. It was plain white bread and it looked like the cook just waved it over the batter and may have accidentally brushed the bread near some of the batter. Plain toast would have been better. That is not an EGGSATERATION. I could only eat the most center parts of the bread.

The waitress was pleasant but very busy. When she brought the check she never did ask how everything was even thought most of the French toast was still on my plate, shredded into little pieces because I was looking for a sign of batter . I did eat the pancake which was just average. Since I was not asked how the food was, I did leave a highlighted note on the bill saying, "worst French toast ever". As an FYI, did leave a 13% tip, down from normal 20%.

As I was walking out the door the waitress did chase me down and asked if I wanted to speak to the manger. I had paid my bill, left a tip and was leaving so, as far as I was concerned, there was no need to speak to the manager. She said she can't do anything for me if I leave. I guess she meant getting a refund for the lightly battered toast. I wasn't interested in that. What I wanted was a decent breakfast and that was no longer possible. My wife's experience was different than mine but this review is about my experience which was not good.