“Awesome, a must see!”

Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
Ranked #8 of 161 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1991, this museum is a tribute to some of baseball's best unknown players.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great collection of baseball history. Loved the timeline and how it related to other events during that time.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

good museum about kansas city and the league.have had the honor to meet Buck Oneil at a resturant before he died.Be careful about the neighborhood in the evening watch your background.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Negro Leagues existed in segregated parallel with the (at that time) all white/Hispanic major leagues in baseball. Jackie Robinson started in the Negro Leagues as did many other baseball legends. This museum is dedicated to memorializing the great teams and players of that era. It's fascinating. The highlight is the "field" with life-sized bronze statues of the greats. What a wonderful experience. It shares a building with the Museum of American Jazz, another must-see. And with admission to both a total of $10,

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I went to Negro Leagues Baseball Museum because she's a fan--I wasn't. But even for a non-fan it was an interesting look at America during segregation through the window of baseball. I was enthralled. If it was my decision I would make this a AAA Gem attraction.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

All I can say it was one of the most memorable experiences I've had in years. I got to see three hall of famers, Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson and Dave Winfield. I also saw Chalie Pride whom I didn't know played in the Negroe League. Plus one of the Negore League's greatest Art Pennington.

Been to Negro Leagues Baseball Museum? Share your experiences!