“Boring and overpriced”

Worlds Of Fun Oceans of Fun
Ranked #28 of 164 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: The midwest's premier amusement park, featuring 235 acres of rides and slides. Two great parks for one great price in 2013. Experience both parks for one low price! Slide all day and ride all night! Experience seven roller coasters, huge water slides, thrill rides, Planet Snoopy for the whole family, and a brand new Oceans of Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Small all and all. If you have been to six flags or something like that this will be a huge bore. The rides are meh, the food terrible and way too pricey. I would have rather done something else with the cash I spent. It was clean. That's the only good thing I can say here.

2  Thank beccamcfeeters
in 22 reviews
"older kids"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was shocked at the filth of this place. I have been to many amusement parks all over the United States. I have never seen one as terrible as this. The bathroom stall floors by the water park area were filled with used toilet tissue laying on the floor, smeared with fecal matter
and urine, the toilets were the same. The 2 restaurants we visited had trash cans over flowing so no more trash could be disposed of. I reported this up front to someone at the entrance who I was directed to report this to. This place was disgusting and a major health hazard.

1  Thank Kelli R
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We've lived in Kansas City for 6 years now and my daughter now 16 gets a season pass every year. Well worth the money, they are always adding new rides, the park is clean and most staff has been very pleasant and helpful. Even better value now that you can go to oceans of fun as well as works of fun on the same ticket. Love the new water slides at oceans. Recommend going if you're in kc

1  Thank kcraig32
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Filthy, rundown, overpriced, crowded.. What more can I say. It's like a giant sketchy carnival came to town and never left.

3  Thank DugDaThug
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've been going to WOF since it opened. Hadn't been since it was bought out. We went in August. The place was run down. Looked like it hadn't been painted in a long time. The Viking Voyage had a THICK layer of slime and mold and needed more water. I got hurt on this ride. Told 4 employees that I got hurt and they kept say I needed to go "that way to exit". They didn't listen. I wrote letter to WOF but got no reply. I just wanted WOF to know there was a problem with their training (what employees should do if a guest got hurt).

So many of the main rides were not running. Even in Snoopy land some of the rides were not working. extremely disappointing. I used to love going to the shows. When we went this time, the music was so loud you couldn't be in the auditorium. You could hear it far away. Maybe just a bad day.

I agree with other critics. It cost TOO much to park and to eat or do anything in the park.

On the plus, My granddaughter loved Snoopy's Place (what was open)!! My husband's company had lunch catered. That was VERY nice. They even provided Vegetarian meals. We enjoyed that part. A few of the employees we encountered were VERY friendly.

As I said, I've been going since the first year WOF opened. I was very disappointed this time and will probably not go back. That's a shame. WOF used to be a gem of KC.