TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fabulous!

I had heard that this museum was worth a visit, but I didn't believe until I saw it with my own... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
ArkieFoodie
Rogers, Arkansas
Recovery & Ongoing

The story about how it was found & the ongoing recovery is interesting. Our guide was very... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $23.00
from $60.00
from $72.00
2,091 results
All reviews missouri river pre civil war on display treasure hunters paddle wheel steam boat the city market area answer questions guided tour short film step back in time farmers market american history own pace amazing collection gift shop two hours
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I go to a lot of museums. This one is unobtrusive, but it's one of the best that I've visited in a long time. This museum is the product of some amateur historians/archaeologists that were determined to excavate a steamboat. The results of their tireless efforts is one of the most informative museums of 1850s American history that I have ever seen.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This unique museum displays salvaged parts of a steamship, as well as thousands of articles meant for sale. From tools and boots to beads and china. The museum is run & owned by the original diggers, and you may meet them. Don't miss.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Monday. The museum opened at 10, and we were part of the first tour, which lasts about 20 minutes. You're then funneled into a room to watch a 10-minute movie that basically repeats everything the tour guide told us. The owners probably need to correct that. After that, you're free to see all the displays.

We were blown away, not by the items themselves (they're basic everyday items) but by their state of almost perfect preservation after 150 years buried in the mud. What also blew me away was that two of the original men who did the excavation were in the museum roaming around. One took time to show me unique details on some items and even discussed the new steamboat they've found!

Plan on about 1.5 hours. There's paid parking out front for about $2.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

This is amazing that a group of private citizens located and uncovered this buried steamboat, erected a museum, and continuing preserving the found items. Note- we arrived at 10:05 and had to wait until 10:30 for a tour. If we had known, we would have arrived at 10. I only mention this because we had to pay for parking ahead of time and then leave the museum before the time expired. Would have liked the extra 20 minutes.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

What a story of persistence and adventure! The museum is well designed and interprets the discovery, uncovering, and preservation of thousands of artifacts from pre-Civil War Frontier life. Meeting one of the original partners in this sunken steamboat treasure hunt was icing on the cake! Please put the Arabia on your Must See list on any visit near Kansas City. You will not regret it! A shining example of persistence and following your dreams!