“Beautiful Park - but be very careful”
Review of Loose Park

Loose Park
Ranked #18 of 155 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: This peaceful 74-acre retreat offers the fragrant Rose Garden, scenic walking paths and a small lake for those restful moments.
Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park - but be very careful”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Loose Park is very beautiful and a great place to spend a day, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you leave anything of value in your car! Our daughter's wedding rehearsal was last Friday at 5pm; during the one hour we were there, our car window was busted out and and two purses stolen (including the bride's). We also have a friend who was held up at gunpoint in the bathroom there a couple of years ago (also at a wedding rehearsal), and his wallet AND car stolen. Just be extremely cautious! (btw: yes - we realize it was stupid to leave our purses under the back seat in the first place!)

Visited May 2011
4 Thank POdMOB

Mass
435 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 470 helpful votes
“Nice city park”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

There is plenty of room for typical strolling or more formal recreation such as tennis in this park. They have done a nice job with up keep and I'm glad we came here to relax for a bit in the midst of a busy vacation.

1 Thank Dand978
Putnam, Connecticut
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Beautiful and varied rose garden surrounding a fountain”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We visited around noon on a June day and thoroughly enjoyed the rose garden with many varieties of roses surrounding a fountain. I am sorry to hear a reviewer had his car broken into, but the park is in a quite nice neighborhood and I doubt you are at geater risk of petty crime here than anywhere else in a big city.

1 Thank RoadTripRoger
Kansas City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Avoid this place unless you want to get your car broken into in broad daylight.”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I was there for less than an hour and my car was broken into. I'll never go to this park again!! Unless you can watch your car the entire time you are there, I would suggest avoiding this location.

7 Thank NotHappyKansasCity
KC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places in Kansas City!”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I love to be outside, so Loose Park happens to be one of my favorite places to walk, relax, or play in Kansas City. It's 75 acres of of space near the Country Club Plaza that includes the Laura Conyers Smith Municipal Rose Garden, Civil War markers, tennis courts, & walking path.

2 Thank ericamegan