“Best Thai food in the states”
Review of Kokothai

Kokothai
Order Online
Ranked #249 of 1,624 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed December 10, 2018

My husband and I stopped by here to try something new in Kansas City. We went to Thailand in May on our honeymoon and have been looking for a restaurant with comparable dishes at affordable prices. This place did not disappoint! It was very busy so food took a bit of time to get to us but it was well worth the wait! The server was very kind and checked on us multiple times. We were pleasantly surprised by the heat packed into the meals! We both ordered our dishes Hot, and they in fact were HOT. Loved it!! I even ordered a Thai Tea to cool my mouth off afterwards... it was wonderful! We will be back, for sure!

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank DarbyEats

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

I went there twice as it was within walking distance from Sheraton, near Power and Light District. The food tasted amazing, i had a soup on both occasions and a curry with peanut sauce. The food was so yummy; it could be one of the best things i have actually eaten in kansas. Their mild= spicy so i always ordered mild. The food looked very fresh and there was a short wait as both times the place wasn't too busy. It might be not the most beautiful place in terms of interior decor but the food tastes great and it's affordable. They do a taste away too. I will definitely visit them next time im in Kansas.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a bite before the Foo Fighters concert. It was so good! When selecting my spice level I was told that medium is really like hot, which was accurate:) I love spice, so it was okay for me, but if you don't like heat, go mild;) I come to KC often, and definitely plan on returning to Kokothai!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Finally made it there Penang beef, crispy chicken and drunken spaghetti with beef was very good. You can byob or takeout to your favorite local brewery.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

So, I have been here a few times and the food is always been good. Service, slow. Lots of take out orders. I had the Weeping Tiger Steak and my buddy had Kate’s Crispy Rice Salad. Yes long wait, if you know before hand maybe okay and please do understand that. If you expect to survive Downtown, then better than what you are offering now... Expert long wait for service and food, but food is good....

Date of visit: September 2018