TripAdvisor

Trezo Mare
Order Online
Ranked #24 of 1,652 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briarcliff Parkway and 169 Highway
Description: Voted ‘BEST FINE DINING’ restaurant in Northland Lifestyle Magazine, readers’ choice edition, Trezo Mare is located in the Village at Briarcliff, just minutes from downtown Kansas City. Chefs construct inspired dishes complemented by flavors of the season using locally sourced products. From jet fresh seafood and hard wood-fired steaks, we serve all styles of food made from scratch daily. Dine casually in our main dining room, lounge or on our award-winning patio during warmer months. For events, our private wine room is perfect for any occasion from corporate meetings, social occasions to weddings. We can also arrange events in our fireside lounge and on the patio terrace. For larger events, look no further than the Royal Room with seating for up to 250 people. We offer weekday Happy Hours, weekend brunch, and live music every Wednesday and 1st Thursdays. We invite you to join us for a unique dining experience, pleasant ambiance, great food and friendly service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got together with some family at Trezo Mare to celebrate an anniversary. We had a private room that has a nice view of the wine lockers and a private outside balcony too. We had lobster Mac and cheese, beef filet tips and chicken Parmesan for entrees. We had our own cake and ordered coffees for dessert. Nice place, and Jen took very good care of us.

Date of visit: September 2019
Trezo M, Owner at Trezo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us at Trezo Mare to celebrate the anniversary. We appreciate you letting us be a part of it.
I appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts with us regarding your visit.
I will share your review with Jenn. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you in the future.
Mike Lee

Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

My family has visited many times over the years as it's one of the nicer restaurants near us. I've gone here with some girl friends too. In Briarcliff, when it's busy sometimes you have to park a bit away in the parking lot, that it shares with other businesses and restaurants, but it's a lovely building with a nice interior dining, bar dining, and a magical patio for dining too. The building exterior is pretty too, made of stone.

Everything I've had here I've enjoyed. My family also typically likes everything they've had, but a couple times my husband has said he has found his dish to be slightly too salty. I haven't noticed that though. I like their mixed drinks too with some fun, yummy options.

I love that they participate in Restaurant Week and offer a great fixed priced menu at a reasonable price. Off their menu I always like their entree salad with salmon with a great dressing, but their pastas and fish are good too. I don't eat beef or pork, but my son and husband do and we've basically all enjoyed entrees we've gotten here. It's a special place to go out to, as it's a bit more expensive that chain casual sit down places, but it's a great place for a nice meal.

Date of visit: February 2019
Trezo M, Owner at Trezo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Thank you for such a nice review of your experiences here at Trezo Mare. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
We take a lot of pride in what we do and work very hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests in all that we do so it is nice to know that we are doing something right. If you ever do have a problem, ie: something too salty, please let us know so we can take care of it right away.
Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you in any way.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We love this restaurant. It is a go to for us. The service, drinks and food are always top notch. We love the Cesar Salad and My favorite is the Cod. Salmon, short ribs and rack of Lamb are also delicious. As is the filet and seafood risotto. The atmosphere is fantastic whether you enjoy the restaurant, bar or patio. It never disappoints!

Date of visit: August 2019
Trezo M, Owner at Trezo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Thank you very much for your visit and for your kind review. We appreciate both very much.
We work hard to provide a great guest experience so it is nice to read your review. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in without a reservation around 6pm and ordered the calamari appetizer. Really good!! I ordered the cod wrapped in prosciutto. Delish! Waitress is training was great. Her trainer, not so much. Complained to us about having to train. What?? Poor trainee. Unprofessional. All in all I will return!

Trezo M, Owner at Trezo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Betsy,
Thank you very much for visiting Trezo Mare and thank you for letting us know about the comments your server made There is no place for that at any point so we will have a "coaching moment".
I am glad you enjoyed the food and your overall experience.
I do apologize for the comments but do appreciate hearing about them.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

This is a location we will return. All aspects were above exception and neighboring business is equally delightfull

Date of visit: August 2019
Trezo M, Propietario at Trezo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thank you very much for your kind review of your experience here at Trezo Mare and Briarcliff Village. We sincerely appreciate it. Your correct in regards to the neighboring businesses as they are all locally owned and operated and unique to Kansas City.
Please let us know if we can ever be of personal service to you in the future.