“Good service Poor execution” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trezo Mare

Trezo Mare
Ranked #42 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briarcliff Parkway and 169 Highway
Description: Trezo Mare is the most beautiful restaurant and lounge in Kansas City - located only 5 minutes north of downtown, just across the Broadway Bridge. Chef Robert Padilla has created an amazing menu including, fresh seasonal seafood preparations, handmade pastas, hardwood-fired steaks, tempting appetizers, sensational flatbreads, made-from-scratch soups, fresh salads and mouth-watering desserts.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good service Poor execution”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Took my wife here for our anniversary. Great atmosphere, very relaxing patio with a nice view of the KC downtown skyline. We had good service and a great bottle of wine. I ordered one of their $50 strip steaks medium. When they brought it out I could tell something was wrong because there was blood on the bottom of the plate. Cut in to the steak and it was bright red rare. By the time the waitress came back to check on the steak and took it back in to cook some more, my wife was already finished with her dinner. They could only say sorry, didnt offer to pay for the steak or the inconvenience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Preston W, Owner at Trezo Mare, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Sir,
I apologize for the late reply to your post on Trip Advisor, we were unaware of your experience. I apologize for the quality of the steak you received on the night of your anniversary. I would appreciate being able to speak to you about your experience that night if you could give me a call please. 816-505-3200.

Mike Lee
Trezo Mare Restaurant

Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Food & Drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant several times and it never fails to disappoint. All of the menu items are great. Try the blueberry vodka with muddled fruit. Great outside seating with fire pits and comfortable couches.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank traveler9955
Lawrence, KS
“Absolutely amazing dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday and it was fantastic! He called ahead, so they had a personalized menu for me, marking the occasion. We decided to dine on the patio and the atmosphere was great! We started off with the calamari, the best calamari we've ever had, hands down. The housemade marina that accompanied it was delicious too. Then we moved on to the lobster bisque, once again amazing. I had the Ribeye, which was cooked and seasoned to perfection. My husband had the scallops, which were also great. They also provided me with free dessert for my birthday, so I chose the signature Chocolate bars. I can see why they are the signature dessert on the menu, very rich and delicious. Can't leave out the great sangria I had also! Overall, the dining experience was one of the best we've ever had, from the staff down to the food and atmosphere.
The following morning, my husband noticed he could not find his credit card. I called the restaurant, several hours before they opened for brunch. I figured no one would answer, but they did. I told them about his missing card, and luckily they had it in their office. The gentleman on the phone was very understanding and offered to mail it to us since we don't live near by. We were very releaved they had his card, and very appreciative of them mailing it back to us. We will definitely go back to Trezo Mare! There's so many items on the menu I'd love to try!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank vern_728
Minnesota
“Brunch on Saturday. NOT a buffet, delightful service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Great Bloody Mary (that's hard to find!), praline bacon (!), blueberry pancakes with mascarpone butter and maple syrup. Crab cakes Benedict. Thick baguette French toast. Crisply browned hash browns. On the patio with a beautiful view. You truly should try this.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank LiteTraveler115
Preston W, Manager at Trezo Mare, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you and we appreciate your review. We love to hear any feedback from our guest and really enjoy when we can make a guest happy.
Germantown, Tennessee
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great atmosphere and very good food.. House red wine was lovely. Pasta is very al dente and.could have cooked a bit longer. Service was good

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ruth S
Preston W, Manager at Trezo Mare, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you and we appreciate your review. We enjoy any feedback from guests and we hope we can make every trip to Trezo a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again.