“Lovel atmosphere for business dinner”

Pierpont's at Union Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierpont's at Union Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,415 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: At Pierpont's, we've given new meaning to the phrase, "The Best Steak in Kansas City." Now we've done for seafood, what we did for steak . . . Absolutely the best seafood in Kansas City -- Guaranteed! The Pierpont's invites you to experience Pierpont's at Union Station. Dubbed "the culinary jewel" of Kansas City's historically renovated Union Station, Pierpont's is rapidly gaining the reputation of serving Kansas City's finest steak and seafood selections. As a sister restaurant to Kansas City's legendary Hereford House, Pierpont's maintains the family tradition of serving prime steak, perfectly aged and prepared. With fresh seafood arriving daily, an award winning wine list, and the unique creations of some of the areas finest chefs, Pierpont's has been named "Best Place to Entertain an out-of-town Guest" and "Best Place to take a Group" from the local press.
Ames, Iowa
“Lovel atmosphere for business dinner”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were greeted and promptly seated with early evening reservations at Pierpont's. This was a first time visit for all of our party of 4 who were in town for a convention. The lovely atmosphere of restored Union Station if very impressive! Bright, clean, gorgeous surroundings are equally matched with great service and very good food. It is a bit pricey just as you would expect a restaurant of this caliber to be. Very nice place to take business associates.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank KPMcK

“I'll be back!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My niece wanted to go to a good steakhouse on her first visit here as an adult; having checked up on a few of the classics I've heard of my whole life, we decided to take her here instead. My wife and I are both glad we did! Excellent food, attentive wait staff, lovely ambiance...my only regret was not having room left to try what looked like some excellent desserts! My niece is already talking about a return trip, both to Kansas City and to Pierpont's; my wife and I have already decided we'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan R
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Loved the food and it has a nice, cozy atmosphere. We've been here before, and typically have very good service. This last time, however, our waiter was paying a LOT of attention to the couple two tables down, and let our drinks run dry more than once on this slow Thursday night. Especially frustrating with a $130+ tab. But this is has not been the typical experience. Overall, I would highly recommend dining at Pierpont's and taking a stroll through Union Station.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dustin P
Kansas City, Missouri
“Always a fave.....”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Pierpont's is one of my favorite restaurants in the KC area. The ambience and the architecture of the restaurant is wonderful. I love the dark wood and brass accents along with the dim lighting. It creates an intimate yet comfortable atmosphere. Pierpont's is located in Union Station, an old railroad station that has been completely restored and still serves as our Amtrak rail station in KC. Pierpont's is best known for their steaks as they are a sister restaurant to Hereford House. However, their entire menu is diverse and I have never had anything from the menu that was a disappointment. The bar alone is worth the trip. They have an excellent bar menu, one of the best happy hours in KC, and an excellent wine list and Scotch menu. The counter to 20 foot ceiling height display of bottles of an impressive array of choices along with the rolling ladder to reach them is interesting. A trip to KC is not complete without a stop to Pierpont's at Union Station.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank luvou58
Kansas City, Missouri
“Memorable”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

One of KC's best restaurants, Pierpont's is especially good for steak. It's dark and cozy inside, and its location inside Union Station adds a coolness factor. This is a good place for special occasions. I would have given it a higher rating if the waitress had not asked us to leave because we'd been there a couple of hours (ordering more all the time, even as we talked). Not good.

• Visited February 2014