“Very nice”

Drury Inn & Suites Joplin
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've stayed here many times for work. I stayed here while working after the tornado a couple years ago also. It's a great place with very nice staff. Close to the highway and to eating places. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. A very good middle scale hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed two weeks before, 1 week, 4 nights and 2 nights on and off before. Every time it is the same. EXCELLENT service. Indoor pool is nice all year around so my kiddos don't have to keep plastering on the sunscreen, and I can see them easier without fighting the sun. Also, it snows in MISSOURI so my kids can swim here without the weather having to be at least 80. Happy hour, snacks and food are all superb. I don't stay anywhere except Drury Inns anymore. Way too satisfied of a customer to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I would choose one not overlooking the pool if you want a quieter room. That is about it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a family weekend and stayed at this Drury Inn. The staff was great. My kids bought some things from the little store that they have in he hotel. The desk attendant over charged us. We was not aware if this. it was only 52 cents. But she walked all the way up to our room to give it to us. and told us how sorry she was. it was not much but she could of kept it. Every one was very nice and friendly . I would go back and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

As one reviewer stated the rooms are on the small side. I booked a queen room that was not much bigger than the bed. The manager was kind enough to move me to a larger room to make sure I was "comfortable". The evening food is good and plentiful. Breakfast is also very good. I would not hesitate booking here again. Drury has always been a good consistant chain.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here in route from TX to Branson, MO. The rooms are small and slightly dated, but clean! The beds were average. The staff was extremely friendly! Breakfast was good and well appreciated. The breakfast area is small, so get there early if the hotel is busy!

We were looking for a clean hotel with breakfast for the kids. This more than suited our needs! We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This location, and likely Drury Inn's in general are a destination I'd go back to again and again if the opportunity arose. Room was clean and pleasant, Kickback hour was a unique adventure with enough tasty snacks to satisfy as a dinner. Popcorn and soda was such a plus and a delicious late night snack.

Breakfast was the shining star.....wow....the BEST hotel breakfast ever with almost anything you could ask for.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location....I'd avoid elevator areas
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mom98wmu
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Joplin Drury Inn over the Christmas week.

Good: The hotel was very good (really, great). The room was small, but very clean. Housekeeping really does a great job keeping everything spotless. Everyone on staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. They had internet in the rooms and the business center was great for printing things out. The fitness room is what is usually provided at a hotel this size. It even had a nice tv to watch while exercising. There was a great indoor pool, but we did not use it.

Bad: Nothing really bad. The only thing we did not like were the pillows on the bed. They started out fluffy, but quickly went flat. But, I did not ask for different pillows, so I can't hold that against them.

Yummy: They put out a spectacular hot breakfast each morning that really tasted good. They even had healthy items which made it wonderful. I was so glad they had oatmeal already made as I hate those little packets you have to add hot water to. They never taste good. I also enjoyed the happy hour each evening. Not only do you get 3 alcoholic beverages, they put out a hot food bar that usually had things such as hot dogs, pasta, salad, chips, and baked potatoes. They even have popcorn and soft drinks each evening.

We go to Joplin each year and have stayed at different hotels each time. But, after such a good experience at the Dury, that is where we will stay from now on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple