“Excellent Value”

Reviewed December 6, 2010

~ Friendly and Professional Staff
~ Clean Pleasant Rooms
~ Comfortable Beds
NOTE: This motel is for the budget conscience. That being said, it was clean and comfortable enough feel at ease.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Overall this hotel was good quality and well maintained. Probably the fastest check-in at a hotel I've ever experienced. Within 30 seconds of stepping through the door I had a room card.
The room itself is comfy and well appointed. TV a little hard to figure out but worked fine once we did. Our room looked directly onto the Ruby Tuesday parking lot. Throughout the night if I woke up I could hear the occasional truck or motorcycle on the road, but it wasn't enough to keep me from sleeping.

Breakfast was fine. Nice split layout kept the breakfast traffic jams at a minimum.

We only had one issue there and it was a major one, although not the hotel's fault. Two female guests had a diapered baby in the pool area. Not a swim diaper, but a regular one. When it got waterlogged they took the diaper off and let him in the pool and hot tub completely naked. I showed up to check on my older children and found this naked baby running around and getting in the water. They said the women had removed the diaper about 5 minutes prior. I immediately made my children get out and we left and complained to the front desk. The clerk said she had just noticed it and was going to correct the situation. That kind of self-centered behavior by customers really ruins it for others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This place was nice from when you walked into the lobby to the room. All was very nice and clean. This hotel is a little older but has been maintained very nicely. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2010

What a find! I am a Mariott Silver Level and I selected this property because I could stay on my points. The lobby is clean and modern, the folks behind the desk were super helpful, even letting us check in early and stay past check out time to accomodate our travel schedule.

I was amazed at the bed, nice and firm, but not so firm as to be uncomfortable for folks who do not like firm beds. The room is updated, with nearly new linens and paint/wallpaper. It looks like a Courtyard.

A very large plasma TV with 70 cable channels was very welcome at the end of a day visiting in the hospital.

Coffee is provided all day and I'm sure they'd let you have a yogurt or piece of fruit from the breakfast area if you asked nicely.

The location is right off the interstate, with plenty of options for dining around. We did Stout's Pizza for Sunday Brunch. Come hungry, that's all I have to say. We also ate at Jim Bob's, good burger and barbeque sandwiches.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

After driving many hours we decided on this Fairfield Inn at Joplin, MO. The room was fresh and clean. Great linens and comfortable bed. The staff was friendly. There is a small indoor pool but we arrived so late in the evening, we were too tired to try it out. We had a frig/micro/coffee pot and internet access. Daily USA today newspaper at the front desk and at each door in the AM. We had 2 queen beds and a desk.

We enjoyed our hot breakfast. There were sausage patties, eggs, biscutts and gravy, already made breakfast sandwiches, and a waffle maker. Also there was plenty of fruit, yogurt, bread, bagels, muffins and different kinds of donuts. There was also cereals. Orange, apple and cranberry juices available, which was great. (we could also have the 4th choice of a cranapple mixture). Best breakfast we had on the entire trip.

The worst dinner we had on the trip was the Ruby Tuesdays next door. Staff was so friendly but the food was not good at all. And they forgot part of the order.

We would definitely stay at this FI again, especially if we got a great rate. I hope this info is as helpful as other reviews have helped us. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 22, 2008

My dad had heart surgery on Feb 21, 2008. Christopher was very helpful at aranging our stay. He made sure that we had conecting rooms, close to the door, for my Mom. They staff was very helpful and freindly. The beds were very comfortable. The hot breakfast was great. There was fresh fruit in the dining area to munch on in the evening. Our stay was great. I wish every mariott was like this one. Eight of us stayed for two nights and would stay here again in a New York minute. Thank you for taking such good care of us!!! The Murray Family

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Used Marriott Rewards points to stay here.

Probably would not stay here again.

Stay at the Hampton Inn, Drury Inn, or Town Place Suites instead (all can be at a similar price level as this Fairfield) while in Joplin.

This location seemed worn down and could use some renovation.

Free cold breakfast.

TV's in the rooms were tiny (~19" or smaller).

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BuckeyeHoosier