“Towneplace Suites I-44 Joplin”

Fairfield Inn Joplin
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
“Towneplace Suites I-44 Joplin”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Much more convenient than other Marriott in town since it is close to Interstate. More importantly it was a delight to be greeted by Jina and her staff. The price was better than most hotels in area and the rooms were spacious. Down the road was a great sushi-steak house called Wasab. We also went to see a play at the Joplin Little Theater. Highly recommend doing this if a show is playing.

Room Tip: top floor if available
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Glenview, IL
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

While driving from Texas to Chicago we stopped here. They are doing construction downstairs but it didn't affect our stay at all. The room was super clean! No "hotel" odors. Lots of towels and pillows. I was able to use a pack and play type crib for my two year old. It came with a liner and sheet. The crib and bedding was perfectly clean. My 9 year old stayed in the other bed. She found it quite comfortable. As did I. I have a bad back but was able to sleep wonderfully in this bed. There was plenty of hot water in the shower also. It was quiet and peaceful. The night person Bobbie was super helpful and nice. Seemed very genuine, not like she was going to roll her eyes the second you were out of sight. Please give her a raise! The only thing I didn't think was spot on was the pool. It was a little cloudy and there was sometimes a weird smell. But I smelled that outside as well. I know pool care is difficult to get right but as a hotel I think you can afford a professional to look at it.
Overall I would definitely stay here again. And probably will next summer.

Stayed July 2014
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while in Joplin. I am glad that you had a great stay. We really take guest satisfaction seriously on a daily basis, and especially now while we are renovating. I am blessed with a great staff that really cares.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. If you are ever back in the area, please come back and see us.

Sincerely!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Excellent service and super friendly - despite some renovations going on in the lobby area. The rooms were clean and comfortable and Bobbi Jo at the front desk was quite helpful with local eateries. The construction did not bother me at all as the crew never worked during "room hours" (after work). While the front was dusty with construction, the hotel accommodated travelers with moving breakfast a little down the hall. In room the HVAC system was quiet but it was not wall-controlled and it was difficult the first night to dial in a good temperature. By the second night, however, it was no problem. Interest was fast and the signal was strong with no dropped connections. I was able to use use a Google Video Hangout to get some business done also. Breakfast both days was tasty and a good start and the coffee was good too. All in all, despite the construction that was going on, it was a great stay.

If I'm back in Joplin for business, this will be the place for me.

Room Tip: Don't like the lobby renovations scare you away (started in late July 2014). Great value and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are glad that you had a good stay with us, even while we are renovating. We are trying to make sure everyone is still comfortable and pleased while staying with us, and we are all excited to see the finished product.

I hope that you will make this your home when staying in Joplin.

Sincerely
St. Louis MO
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visiting Joplin for one evening on business and chose to stay here. The hotel is in the process of renovating their rooms, so there was some construction going on. The staff at the front desk quickly pointed that out to us, let us know work was only happening during business hours, and would only be working onthe first floor rooms (2 & 3 were completed). We didn't have any issues with the construction/renovation going on, but the heads-up was appricated.

My room was on the 3rd floor, which had completed its renovation. The decor was updated and was very standard , nothing too trendy or off putting, but it was nice that they had put in the time & money to update. The room was standard size and the bed was comfortable. Fortunately, it was a pretty ordinary stay in a pretty standard room.

The main issues were that the AC just wouldn't get the room cool enough (in fairness it was a very humid day during my visit and may not have been able to keep up), my devices kept getting dropped off the wi-fi after only an hour or so, and the toilet was increadably noisy. I have no doubt that the toilet can now flush a dozen golf balls at a time (please don't try!), but it is loud and it shakes the bathroom floor when flushed.

Overall, the staff was good, the breakfast was ok, but free and the stay was nice enough.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Joplin. We genuinely strive to make sure guests have a great stay while with us. While your stay was good, I wish it would have been great!
We are excited to see the changes with the renovation, and appreciate the feedback. I am checking into the other issues you experienced.

If you are ever in the area again, I hope you will come see us.

Sincerely
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The only issue I had was the kids in hotel running up and down the halls. The front deck attendent was very nice. Location was good and easy to find. I do think you need and ice machine on every floor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I share all surveys and comments with the staff.

The room renovations are now complete, and we are preparing to start the lobby renovations soon. I do hope that if you are back in the area you will come see us again. We would love to have you.

Glassboro, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Checked-in late in the evening and was greeted by a scruffily bearded and dressed guy that barely spoke above a whisper. Apparently the hotel is being renovated but there were tools and partially installed rugs, tile, etc. throughout the hotel. The location isn't bad but the place needs a good cleaning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tanya B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is currently going through major renovations in all of our guest rooms as well as our public areas, as you had noted in your response regarding the carpets in the hallways and stairwells. We are very excited to see the final outcome of this reservations and it is our sincere hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future!

Once again, I would like to offer my apologies about the issues with our hotel. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel at (417) 624-7800.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Joplin, MO and for reviewing our property!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My son and I stayed here for three nights last week and it was a very good. Each morning had a slightly different breakfast offering, the indoor pool appeared clean and well maintained. Although we did not have cookies in our room, they were available at the front desk and were great.

It was our surprise when we came out of the room the second day that workers were taking out the furniture in all the rooms of the second floor. (the painters tape on our door told the workers our room was occupied) Apparently the hotel is getting an overhaul. They replaced the wallpaper in the stairs while we were there. We did not see how the rooms will be changed, but it should be nice since they were pretty good already.

Room Tip: Hotel is next to Ruby Tuesday so we could walk to dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our property a review. We sincerely appreciate your business.

We are in the process of renovating, and we are excited to see the outcome as well.

I do hope that if you find yourself back in Joplin, you will come see us again.