“Very satisfactory!”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Very satisfactory!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Fairfield Inn Joplin is an exemplary Fairfield Inn. The hotel was as expected for the brand--clean, safe, in a good location, and with very friendly staff. The room was very clean and the bathroom on the larger size for a Fairfield Inn. I had a king size room on the third floor and it was quiet. The breakfast had many choices including sausage, eggs, fruit, and yogurt. It was well stocked. There is an indoor pool. There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby and you can walk to a Ruby Tuesday. I recommend if you like Thai food trying Thai Time Cafe a few minutes of a drive away--I wrote a review of it. There is also a sushi place nearby, but it was closed when I was there. The hotel is very close interstate 44. If I am in Joplin again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tanya B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
You had a choice on where to stay while you were in Joplin... and I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were here.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that your stay was satisfactory. If you are ever back in the area, come back and see us. We would love to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Not on the top of my list, but I will say that the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean. Front desk clerk, Bobbie, was very helpful and friendly. Hotel was easy to find off the highway, and was close to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tanya B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Joplin, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through Joplin.
I appreciate you taking the time to list a review. If there is anything we
could have done to make your stay better, please do let us know.
We are undergoing a renovation at the end of 2013, and hope that you
will stop back in if you find yourself traveling through Joplin.
Conroy, Iowa
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were traveling back from Iowa to Texas from our Thanksgiving trip. We are a mom and a dad and two kids (ages 5 and 2). We require a refrigerator and an indoor pool at the hotels we choose and we try to keep the price under 100 dollars. I try to keep my expectations in line with the price. With that background information, I rate this hotel a great value for the price. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and clean and had conditioner which is always a plus for me. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. They gave me directions to the restaurant I wanted to get take-out and they brought extra towels when requested. The pool was warm and perfect for the kids to use up their excess energy after being in car seats all day. Breakfast exceeded our expectations with sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, omelets, fresh fruit cups, and lots of breakfast sandwiches to heat up in the microwave. We found something that everyone was willing to eat in the family. I also like reading the USA Today that was provided. The internet station in the lobby worked although it was a bit slow. Overall, this was a great overnight stop on our trip home and if we take this route again this would be a hotel we would definitely choose again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling
through Joplin. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to list a review.

I hope your whole trip was as enjoyable as your stay was.
Please if ever back in the area, do come back and
us!
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are retired and do a lot of driving all across the US and are always pleasantly surprised at the Marriott chain of hotels. We have stayed in all levels of their hotels and they are always clean, friendly, and comfortable. This Fairfield did not disappoint. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast had a good selection, and the price was right.
Yes, the seal of one of the windows was broken so the one side was foggy and the elevator had a funny smell but everything else was perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us while you
were traveling through Joplin. I am glad you took
the time to list a review.

We are looking into getting the window seals repaired
this coming year.

I do hope that if you find yourself traveling through our
area again, that you will come back and stay with us.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel isn't up to the marriot standard. It seems pretty new but appears to be built too quickly and haphazardly. The room decor doesn't match, bedding doesn't match, bathroomsdon't match. It seemed a little on the run down side.

The service was great however. The check in staff was friendly and very accommodating

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank nameless r
As the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn by
Marriott, Joplin I wanted to thank you for staying
with us. I do appreciate the feedback, and I am
sorry you found your stay less than satisfactory.

We are getting ready to go through another
renovation at the end of 2013. We last had one in
2009, at which time we followed Marriott standards
in renovating as well.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again,
in the future. Sincerely.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Spent one night on my way to Arkansas for the Razorbacks game. Had a good night sleep, clean nice rooms, HD tv, all you've come to expect from a chain on the way up. good breakfast too. would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through Joplin.
I do appreciate you taking the time to list a review.

If there is anything we could have done to make your stay better, please do let us know.

We are undergoing a renovation at the end of 2013, and hope that you will stop back in if you find yourself traveling through Joplin.
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We got one of the bigger rooms with a couch, table, fridge, and microwave - great for our two day stay. Bed was very comfortable. Old air conditioning system, noisy with fan that cycles off and on. Noise from person walking upstairs, and some odd smells in the elevator and hallway. Nice size pool, but no spa or workout equipment (they offer an offsite facility, not convenient if you don't have access to a car); some partially done construction in pool area. Breakfast was fine, but need more no carb choices. Very helpful staff.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business