“Good night's sleep”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We read past reviews and were worried about the noise, but with the normal room air/heat on, we heard nothing. The room was nice, and we enjoyed a good breakfast. Supper at The Iron Skillet right across the parking lot.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gogirlWisconsin

Reviewed November 23, 2010

On our way to OKC we stopped for the night at the Sleep Inn in Joplin, MO. We were pulling a large trailer and the fact that they had a dedicated lot for trailers sounded perfect. The hotel is very close to the highway and a large truck stop. Consequently it is also very noisy.
Even though there were very few guests we were put in a room that was the closest to the highway as possible. It sounded like the trucks were driving by the window all night. On the way home we by-passed this hotel and found another at the next exit north with plenty of room for our trailer and no highway noise. Even had a Cracker Barrel in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jerryj46307
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed one night at the sleep inn after picking up a discount booklet from an interstate rest area. The hotel was fairly basic, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was eat all you can buffet style, and they had a waffle machine so we could make our own fresh waffles , yummy!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2009

The staff was very friendly. The room was okay. I thought it was a little pricey for the way the hotel looked. In need of some repairs. Rugs were raveling and had stains on them.
We paid $65.00 for the room and it should have been more like $40.00.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stopped here during a move. The location was exceptionally easy-on, easy-off I-44 with available parking for a DIY moving truck (U-H**l or P*nsk*). The location was also right next to a major trucker's stop (Iron Skillet) with DOT weigh-stations on either side a mile or two in either direction. This means there are a huge number of rigs parked behind the Iron Skillet, and their accompanying loud exhaust.

However, I was surprised that the walls and windows were exceptionally well insulated. The highway noise isn't to be heard inside the hotel room. Only the occasional truck with very loud exhaust could be heard, and these were the ones pulling out of the Iron Skillet and attempting to gain speed to merge onto the highway. During the evening, I only heard 4 or 5 such trucks.

No noise problems from sources within the motel.

I had a King room, smoking. It was a little on the small side, lacking a designated "sitting area" with table and chair. Otherwise it was large enough for the bed, 2 side tables, desk and armoire. Bathroom was shower only, but a rather large bay about 4x5 feet.

Room was clean, well maintained and in good repair. Sleep Inn certainly doesn't scrimp on repairs and upgrades. Bed was comfortable with no sag spots, clean sheets.

Sleep Inn advertises that the Iron Skillet is "on premises." It isn't. You must leave the motel and walk next door. A very short trip, but it isn't inside the hotel. Sleep Inn offers typical free continental breakfast and they attend to it every few minutes to clean up after guest and replenish stock.

All-in-all, a very good value and no complaints, though I did have to tune the bed-side radio to "white noise" to mask the odd loud exhaust from some trucks. Once set before going to bed, I didn't hear any more noise from outside and slept extremely well. I must emphasize this noise was only occasional, perhaps 1% of all the truckers coming and going. Being next to a highway, I had expected far, far worse. This Sleep Inn was a pleasant surprise.

Staff was very attentive and friendly.

Also very close, across the street (wide and very busy) are a couple of more eateries. I may be wrong but I recall them being a W*ndys and a S*bw*y. You'd definitely want to use your car to drive to these locations merely because of the width of the roads and the volume of traffic.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel before and it's been consistent with my most recent stay. The room was clean throughout, the bed was comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful.
The continental breakfast was good, fresh bagel's and pastries, cereals, and the normal fare. They have a waffle machine, which is one of my favorite items for breakfast.
They have very good wireless Internet connections, and a large well lit parking lot. It's very handy if you're hauling a trailer.
The rooms are a little less expensive than other comparable Joplin hotels I've stayed in. Perhaps it's because it's a couple of mile down from the "Range Line Road" strip of hotels and restaurants.
The only reasons I don't rate it excellent, are minor. To me anyway. The hotel sits next to a very busy and large truck stop that has quite a bit of truck traffic. So getting to and from the hotel is usually congested. However, I've never heard any noise from there while in the hotel room.
There is also no elevator, only stairs to access the 2nd floor. But like I said, to me, these are minor things, and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 20, 2007

When I saw the Sleep Inn from the freeway, I passed it by because it is all alone next to trucker attractions(Love's, etc).
I went on to the hotel strip, several miles beyond, and the prices were quite abit higher. At about $50 the Sleep Inn is the best deal in town. This was my first time at a Sleep Inn, and if you read Cnsumer's Reports, then you know it's rated #1 in it's class.
There were alot of 18 wheelers in the parking lot (not that there's anything wrong with that) I guess they know the secret.The room was immaculate(and I check with a white glove). Everything(the furniture, lights, faucets, wall art, layout,etc.) was from a more expensive hotel.The breakfast was great too. Enjoy this hotel, and this review, I rarely write possitively about hotel stays.
I spoke to the manager in the a.m.- she runs a very tight ship.

Stayed: April 2007