“Treat yourself !”

Ranked #9 of 232 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wilder's Steakhouse is part of Joplin's past and future. As the third owners of the restaurant we find our selves stewards of a historical piece of the Joplin landscape. Originally opened in 1929 by Mr. Verne Wilder it grew to encompass the 1200 block of main street with banquet facilities, bar, package sales, dining room and featured speak easy functions upstairs. We wish these walls could talk - we have had some really great stories shared by guests of the restaurant. We purchased Wilder's in 1996 and are proud to have uncovered some of the original beauty of the 1908 building we dwell in. As a fine dining restaurant in Joplin we strive to give all of our guests a wonderful dining experience and uphold ourselves to very high standards. Please come in and join us for our hormone and antibiotic free Black Angus Beef or some wonderful Wild Caught Seafood. We are always accepting reservations. See you soon.
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Perfect service. Perfect steak
Amazing sides
Great wine list
Wish I lived here so I could try every entre!
A real restrurant with a real chef and edgy cool waitstaff ...what a surprise to find in Joplin! Ambiance is dark and jazzy...transforming

There are newer reviews for Wilder's Steakhouse

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Was in Joplin on business, It is a small Midwestern town and with many chain restaurants. Outback, Olive garden, red lobster, etc. It was a pleasure to find such a jewel in town. Art deco, as it was in the 1930's. Seated in one of those old fan style booths, dim lighting. Service is slow. Might say very slow. But was in no hurry. Good drinks, strip steak on first triip was excellent. Grilled romaine was good, wait staff very friendly. Second visti, had ribeye, was not as good, All said,a very relaxing place to eat and not crowded, but it will cost you, not cheap. These places are disappearing from the American scene, enjoy while it is here.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was in town for a pheasant hunt and my party ate at Wilder's. The service was good and we all found our steaks to be delicious. The side items were good as well. I would recommend it.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

I went with my boyfriend AT THE TIME for our first date. It was ok but it was really too dark inside. The twice baked potato was HARD. The steak was just OK and the bread they gave us was just OK as well. Honestly, I would not go back not just because im not with my boyfriend anymore and that is where our first date was but the food was pricey for the taste. Just stating the facts in my own opinion.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

On road trips it is often difficult to find good, well prepared food. One would not necessarily expect to find exceptionally good food in Joplin, MO, but the town is fortunate to have Wilders. It is not inexpensive and that includes the extensive wine list. But for well prepared food along with good service, well, I'm always happy to pay a bit extra. I highly recommend Wilders. I don't know Joplin, but the restaurant seems to be on old Main street that may have seen better times. As for the restaurant inside, it is fairly old conventional. But the food, at least what we had, is way, way above average.