“Reminder of my childhood memories”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dude's Daylight Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Joplin
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I can remember the times that my daddy would take my brother and I get donuts on a Saturday morning. I miss the old building where it was housed. It is now in a new building and back into full swing of things. They still do it all the oldfashioned way, from the cash register to the way they write your ticket.

1  Thank RollTideRollCrimson

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have searched the world over, and Dudes Donuts are the best I have ever found. I have made trips to Joplin (40 miles) just to get a maple bar and a glazed donut. LOVE THEM!

1  Thank NicandAmanda
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The pendergraft family has owned dude's donuts since the 60s or earlier. It was literally vaporized during the tornado, along with dozens of other small businesses, and after a whole lot of soul searching, some members decided to rebuild. The donuts are a local legend.

1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Light and airy glazed donuts cooked with love by the owners. What more could you ask for. The owners look like grandma and grandpa and the donuts taste just like I remember when I was a kid. Beautiful!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I normally don't eat this type of food but my co-workers were telling me how great they were. So I had one. Oh my gosh!! Wow. They were warm and so fresh. The employee's and owner was amazing. Thank you for making our day!

1  Thank Misty K