“La Quinta Inn Joplin MO”

La Quinta Inn Joplin
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Joplin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Kansas city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was surprised how nice the room was! I set up a surprise for my fiancée who was arriving here in Joplin. I did get the Jaccuzi suit and placed flowers on and around the tub. Very large room with huge tub. Everything was exceptional. Thank you La Quinta for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Go for the suite:)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed ay laquinta in joplin, very nice and clean rooms. Pitchers bar and grill on site was very convinent great food and service was fantastic. Front desk clerk was amazing, ask for divya she was very helpful with helping us get directions to the mall. At check out we were asked how th stay was could not have found any better place then this. Would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here March 2012. Bruce checked us in. He was super friendly, super helpful, great intro to the hotel. When we looked for our room, we walked up the stairs. It looked like someone had dropped dog food all over the place. Our room was in the 300's. Avoid the 300's at all costs. It smells like BIG CAT COUNTRY at the zoo (especially the hallway with the glass partition.) Wow! The smell will knock your socks off. It got slightly better the closer we got to our room. I assume since it is "pet friendly" (this I didn't know when I Pricelined) I had some sort of reaction (hives) to either the animals or the sheets. My legs were super itchy, never noticed bugs but there was something there that didn't agree with me. I only say this to warn others who might be sensitive to this sort of thing. We then checked out the pool. YUCK!!! Looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I wouldn't go in it. The floor was slimy. The JACUZZI was OUT OF ORDER and to tell you the truth, even if it was working I wouldn't have stepped close to it. YUCK! The free breakfast was delicious, wanted more but some kid walked up and sneezed on the buffet line three times, and with no sneeze guards, no thanks. (I know this isn't La Quinta's fault, just par for the course.) The room looked like they are trying to update to a more modern look, but it falls short. I work in the construction industry, and to me, this looks like they hired unexperienced workers to slap it together. For instance, the wallpaper was falling off, the paint job was horrible and the bathrooms look like an inexperienced plumber rushed to finish. Never again. If it wasn't for Bruce the whole experience would have been horrible. I didn't go to the sport's bar next to the hotel. The parking is easy. The business center has 2 computers for use and that is nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 300's they smell like a zoo! (That is unless you bring animals and let them...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sparkygirl2277
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at La Quinta, Joplin. My sister and I were traveling to Texas and checked in mid-eveingin. Room was clean and welcoming. Breakfast was great! Thanks for making our stay so wonderlul.

• Stayed March 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel offers a very good breakfast bar every morning. The parking lot is very friendly for large vehicles. The sports bar next door is accessible to the hotel lobby. There is a nice business center & clean lobby. The room was adequate, nice flat screen TV. The bathroom was quite small. Each room has a small refrigerator & microwave. The morning of check out, there wasn't any hot water. The hot tub wasn't functional either. The indoor pool water was cooler than I like, but I tend to be particular on that benefit. The exercise room was okay. The carpet was thin & had spots. The bed & bath were clean. The evening (2/26) desk clerks were awesome! The day desk clerk on Sunday, Feb. 26, was a liar & not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a late check out - it won't happen. Even if you offer to pay extra. The clai...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business