“Beating Down Prices On A Competetive Exit”
Review of Days Inn Joplin

Days Inn Joplin
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Worked from the coupon book from the Missouri Welcome Center. You'll note that there are an excessive number of hotels/motels at exit 8B on the north side of I44. So competition is hot. As all the prices were close in price, we chose the Days Inn as the breakfast description was a little more appealing. This is an older property and very large I may add. Hallways, common area carpeting, paint and doors are showing wear. However the room was strong in the essential department. Yes, the walls and door too needed paint, but the comforter on the bed was new and fresh and the bathroom was tiled and well maintained. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, plus a coffee maker. However, there is 24-hour coffee in the breakfast area adjacent to the check in desk. Drapes were in good condition and opened/closed properly. The air conditioner worked well WITHOUT a bad smell. And now for a big postive. The sign on the front door said, "No animals without permission and paying an additional fee." Motel 6 doesn't understand that their "Pet Friendly" policy is a negative and not a positive. Regarding the breakfast, it did contain protein.........factory eggs and cream cheese. Put them on a waffle and top it with salsa. You won't find that in a restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PlanoJoe01
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Joplin

Reviewed May 4, 2008

After 3 other hotels told me they were sold out, I called Days Inn and was told they still had rooms available for $55.

When I arrived at the hotel, there were 3 people in line ahead of me and one clerk. The other clerk was sitting in the lobby talking on her cell phone and was oblivious to the line of people waiting to check-in.

When I got to the desk. I was told the room would be $75, NOT the $55 I was quoted over the phone. I explained I had been quoted $55 and was told the price was STILL $75. I stayed, albeit grudgingly, since everyone else in town was sold out for a convention. The clerk also didn't know how to put my Trip Rewards number into the computer. I found my room with very little trouble (on the first floor, too!), but noticed all the security doors were duct taped open.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable with good pillows, but I didn't care for the mango scented shower supplies. There was plenty of hot water in the shower )once it got hot.), but the shower massage head, did not adjust and was stuck in "high intensity" mode.

The hotel was moderately quiet, but there was a truck on the lot whose motor ran all night. The heater fan drowned out most of the noise so it was little more than a hum. I called the desk about it who claimed to not know whose truck it was. I also found it impossible to sleep late as the curtain along the back door wouldn't close all the way and allowed daylight into the room.

Breakfast was actually quite decent with waffles, juice, cereal, toast and milk. It took me a moment to figure out how to use the waffle maker, but it was fairly easy after that. These were big, thick, fluffy waffles and there was plenty of butter and syrup for them.

All in all, a very nice hotel, but not worth $75.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank YFNETM
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We booked a room the night before our wedding. We booked a room with a king sized bed, but it was just a full sized. We prepaid with our credit card but was also charged again the full price when we got there. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank cutiegirltiffany
Reviewed August 9, 2007

Do not stay here. The customer service was terrible. We booked our room in advance and when we arrived, we were told that they had already given our room to someone else and charged us anyway! They said that was 'how we do things here'. We ended up having to call the Corporate Office and were refunded. We had other friends that had already checked in earlier so we ended up staying in their room. The room was absolutely filthy. The tub had mold growing all over it and the room smelled of mildew. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank MyExperience07
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We were in town for a little league baseball tournament. We left our room at 8:30 in the morning and returned with our entire team at 6:00PM. Upon returning, our room was flooded. It had standing water in our bathroom, our bedroom carpet was wet, it ruined our personal items. We requested to be moved. They moved us directly above our flooded room. The room they moved us to was DIRTY. It had sliced tomatoes on the floor, the toilet had dried urine on the seat. The coat hanger was literally hanging by one screw. The tub was dirty. We asked to have our room cleaned. After waiting 4 hours, the 'manager' (although he never identified himself to me as the manager, he never apologized etc - I found out the next day that he was the manager)and his wife came and changed our sheets. I told them that the sheets were not the issue, the dirty toilet, tub and floor were. I specifically requested that the toilet be cleaned. I left and gave them room to finish. Upon returning to my room, my toilet had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and told them that the toilet was still dirty. The front desk man came and cleaned the toilet. The next morning, I requested to speak to the manager when he came in. 20 minutes later, we were asked to leave because we complained about a dirty room. Come to find out, everyone that complained about dirty rooms, or soiled linen, was asked to leave. I asked if this was their standard business practice. I was told to leave. They told me that my kids flooded the room. We left early in the morning and returned in the evening. We had several other parents with us when we entered our room. There was water coming through the ceiling, running down the mirror. My kids would have had to throw trash cans full of water to do damage like that. The dirty room they moved us to, was located directly above our first room. Outside the room was a trashcan collecting water dripping through the ceiling tiles; but my kids flooded the room - right! I have pictures and witnesses of the condition of the room (s) and the hotel. One couple had a large yellow dried stain in the middle of their bedding and they were asked to leave because they asked for their linens to be changed. POOR MANAGEMENT!!!! THe same man owns the Ramada in Joplin too.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LDW1969
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We booked a block of rooms for my son's State Baseball Tournament.

When we arrived there were people outside of the hotel having a party and drinking. They made rude comments to my 16 old daughter.

When we got to the entrance of our room there was a leak from the ceiling with a waste basket right outside our room catching the water that was dripping, along with pieces of the ceiling tile on the floor.

When we got inside to our room, the bathroom was in terrible shape and the floor looked like it hadn't been clean in a long time. There was hair all over the floor and dirty towels hanging on the back of the door.

We asked to change to a different room that was clean. They only had smoking available, but I didn't mind as long as I had a "clean" room.

I moved to the new room and didn't notice until the next morning that one of the beds had a soiled spot on the bedspread, which looked like a urine stain. I left a note, since we were going to be at the ballgames all day, to ask that they changed the bedding since it was dirty. When I arrived to my room they had cleaned the room, but did not touch the bed where I had left the note for them to change the bedding. I called the front desk asking them why it wasn't changed or even made? They said they would get to the bottom of who and why and also have someone come and change the bedding. I waited 4 hours and still no one had come to change the bedding. I called the front desk again, and then about an hour later someone "finally" changed the bedding.

The next morning I woke to my phone ringing and it was the front desk indicating that I must check out immediately. The only reason that they gave me, is because I asked that my bedding be changed! I was appalled and actually couldn't believe what I was hearing.

The condition of this hotel is ridiculous and they shouldn't be allowed to operate under these conditions. The Fire Marshall was also contacted regarding all of the fire codes that are being violated . There was not one emergency exit posted on any of the doors in any of our rooms.

I would have checked out the first night if we wouldn't have been there as a group. Needless to say several of us checked out and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Cordova1
Reviewed June 16, 2007

While not thrilled to pay $65 for a basic hotel, I was happy with the days inn. All hotels in Joplin seemed to be more expensive than their counterparts elsewhere, but what do you do. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, biscuits, bananas, frozen waffles and pancakes, and cereal. I would say excellent for a continental breakfast. Also, the rooms were clean, the pool was good sized, the hotel was quiet. The only bad thing was housekeeping knocked on the door at 8 am. Make sure to put up the do not disturb before you go to bed.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family