“Great Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have LIVED at this hotel for the past 34 days while I was working with the Joplin tornado clean up efforts. The staff is very friendly and helpful, I did not have an iron in my room upon arrival, called the desk and one was delivered to me within minutes. They have washer and dryers for the guest use at a reasonable price. They are currently do some remodling /updating and the work has not been a problem during my stay. The breakfast is very good to strart out your day. The breakfast is the same thing that is offered at most of other local hotels. Thick walls, never heard the guest on either side of me of above me. Would deffiently stay here again and will be her for another couple of weeks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Canton, mo
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Stopped in Joplin on the way back from Tulsa OK. The motel looks like it has recently been refurbished and is in nice condition. The room was clean and in good repair. It was equipped with a fridge, coffee pot and microwave as well as the usual items. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Price was wonderful!

Morning breakfast was nice. Coffee, Juice, Milk, Toast, Pastries, Muffins, Eggs, Cereal, and Sausage... links or patties! (No reason to go anywhere else to start your morning)

There are quite a few nice restraunts available close to this motel.

I will be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We loved the hot breakfast in the morning! It was a better breakfast than ive had at some restaraunts. The rooms were clean and hotel staff was helpfull. I think it was a great deal for a low price!! Definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2010
Reviewed November 13, 2010

hubby & i had the best service, enjoyed the room & there was the cutest little southern bell working. i wanted to take her home to meet my son!

• Stayed September 2010
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This hotel is everything u could ask for from a hotel. The staff was efficient and friendly, the room was exceptionally clean with with one the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The free breakfast was amazing! Sausage, eggs, waffles, who could ask for more! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The service at check-in and check-out was friendly, efficient and polite. Our room, with 2 queens, was clean and comfortable. We liked the walk-out patio, the TV and the mini-fridge (along with the MW, iron, hair dryer, shampoo and coffee maker--even though we did not use these) and the extra sink outside the bathroom (a very nice feature). We even had enough towels for all 4 of us without asking for more. The breakfast, about which we had read glowing reports, lived up to the reviews: scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, fresh made waffles, muffins, toast, bagels and cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk...a great way to start the day. The hotel is conveniently located near I-44, with numerous varied dinner possibilities stretching about a mile northward.

We are glad this hotel lived up to its reviews and were very pleased overall. Just 2 minor issues: the main hallway did smell like smoke when we opened our door (perhaps that can't be helped given the offer of smoking rooms), but none penetrated our room. Also, our extra sink dripped, but it didn't bother us. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband and I spent a weekend in Joplin and chose this hotel because of prior reviews. We are so glad that we took their advice. The room was not only clean but also we were not bothered with noise coming from other occupants. The free breakfast was the best we have ever had at any hotel. There were plenty of choices and sure was a far cry from those free breakfasts that offer juice, coffee & a roll. We look forward to staying here again.

The only thing I would like to see changed is that the security lock on the outside door. It was broken, and since we were in the last building I felt the added security would have been a plus.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business