TripAdvisor
Joplin
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best burger and fries around”
Review of Babe's Drive-In

Babe's Drive-In
Ranked #83 of 279 Restaurants in Joplin
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely the best of burgers around. My only complaint is need one on the south side of joplin.but worth the drive. And if burgers aren't your thing the have lots of other options

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

My spouse and I dropped in for lunch last Saturday after car shopping. Babes was incredibly busy! Appeared that many locals like their Babe of the town.

Our order was very good. Dale had the chubby burger and I had the chicken strip dinner. Drinks came with free refills. Too bad the burger didn’t because Fake would have had another! Lol.

I read that many say it’s dirty. It is not spic an span clean but it’s not dirty like truck stop dirty. The management definitely needs to grab a bucket, Mr Clean and a brush and get to scrubbing but I don’t guess it’s bad enough to keep us from eating and enjoying the chubby.

Price is in comparison to other burger places. Big menu and the staff was not overly friendly but they were soooo busy they barely had time to look up. Maybe another staff member would be helpful.

Recommend—-overall, yes...I recommend. Enjoy!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

I had read reviews that this lil burger restaurant was pretty good so After being on the road we took the several mile detour to try it out. The girl at the counter was rude and seemed put out by us. At that point we should have just left. There weren’t any clean tables. The whole restaurant was dirty and the bathrooms were dirty. The meat patty and vegetables were fresh and burgers were not bad but we weren’t expecting cold buns straight from the package so we didn’t really enjoy them. For us this is a “no go”. We wouldn’t drive out of our way again to eat there.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I've been enjoying Babe's for several decades, but hadn't been there for awhile. A recent stop showed that they haven't lost anything. Cool atmosphere; delicious food. Order at the counter and listen for your number. Largest helpings of fries anywhere around.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed December 19, 2017

The food was good, but unfortunately, it was overshadowed by the uncleanliness of the restaurant. Huge amount of dirt circling around on the overhead fan blades, dirty ceiling tiles all around the air outlets, dirty restrooms, and worst of all, the disgusting condition of all the windows and neons hanging in the windows. I bet they haven't been cleaned in over 10 years....grimy finger prints everywhere...looked like every toddler in town had stood in those booths next to mommy and smeared their ketchup covered french fries into the glass. Sorry, but that's my last trip to Babe's Drive in.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Babe's Drive-In? Share your experiences!