“A REAL Train Car!”

All Aboard Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Joplin
Reviewed August 12, 2015

This is the former Anderson's Ice Cream. They've moved to a new location, just about a mile off of I-44 at exit 6. You can get Whisler's Hamburgers from 11 to 6 Tuesday through Saturday; they are excellent and very reasonably priced. Be prepared to wait for a little bit if you go at noon. It is definitely worth the wait. The hamburgers are a little small, but that leaves room for ice cream. This is the BEST ice cream EVER. You can eat outside at a picnic table, outside on the porch of the depot building, outside in an enclosed area (great if you have little ones) or in a REAL train car. The train car now has a couple of train tables to entertain your little ones. The owner and his staff are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. If you're visiting Joplin, this is a MUST. Tip: closed on Mondays, no hamburgers on Sundays.

Reviewed August 6, 2015 via mobile

Amazing little piece of local good. The prices are great and taste too. Hamburgers are small, simple and delicious. Guys may need to eat two, but it was perfect for me, leaving room for delicious home made ice cream! I had the black walnut--my favorite and it was really high quality. Really fun atmosphere too. If you aren't from the Midwest, you need to see this place--all the friendliness and warmth which you would expect to find from such home grown people. :-)

Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

Best "simple" burgers we have ever had! Only 1 burger I've had in my life compares & it was a gourmet complicated one. Hot dog was good too. Fantastic service! Handicap accessible. Great tea, drinks that you can add cherry & vanilla too were great, & icees too. Ice cream was awesome. Kids had a blast. Ate inside the train for lunch. Afterwards kids played around with the whistle, bells, & stuff. Then we had ice cream for dessert. Great time! So cheap. Will be back again & again!

Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here as a lunch stop on a road trip. We were impressed with the price of the meals with each of us getting combos of double burgers, chips, and a drink for less than $10. The staff were very nice. They were very quick with the service as they also had a large group of kids present. I had some ice cream to go that was very good as well. Definitely plan to stop there again if we are in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

Great place to get burgers and ice cream! The flavors are great, the owner is nice and we always have a good time out there.

Been to All Aboard Ice Cream? Share your experiences!