“Just okay”
Review of El Vaquero

El Vaquero
Ranked #50 of 232 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Since 2013 El Vaquero has been giving Joplin, MO, a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine. We take great pride in serving our guests traditional recipes that are bursting with fresh flavor. Quality is key at El Vaquero, which is why all of our dishes are prepared with only the freshest and highest-quality ingredients. We look forward to introducing you to a delicious taste of Mexico soon!
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to a school function after not being able to find a steak and shake due to a gps error. We should have kept looking. The food was okay not great, not necessarily bad, just okay.

There are newer reviews for El Vaquero

Reviewed May 13, 2014

hi went there with my family shortly after it open we were seated right away and ordered are drinks and the bought chips and salsa right away and we ordered and the food came back to use quick and hot and the food was really good and so was the service we will be back

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Newly opened and we went to try it out. Initial service was good but follow-up service was bad. We ordered beer and they served the chips and salsa right away. The salsa lacked body and character. The chips tasted stale and left a greasy after taste. My wife ordered three soft chicken tacos and I ordered three beef hard shell tacos. My wife said hers were very good. Mine were bland as the beef had no taste . We had to flag the wait staff down to get water and also later to get the bill. Someone said this was the best Mexican restaurant in Joplin. I would place it in fourth (4) place - behind El Vallarta and the two Del Rio. We were there prior to it being destroyed by the tornado. Going back was a disappointment and I question if I will go back again.

1  Thank Lawrence M

Been to El Vaquero? Share your experiences!