“The best sushi in the area hands down!!!”
Review of Han the Sushi Man

Han the Sushi Man
Ranked #18 of 234 Restaurants in Joplin
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I make a habit of going to sushi restaurants. After trying a new one we always rank them. There is one sushi place that I compare all others to. Han the Sushi Man is rivaling for the top spot now in my ranking score!!! I just could not believe how delicious and fresh every single ingredient was. I was blown away. Not to mention the rolls were enormous! We started out with the Tempura Shrimp, as it seems to be a favorite of patrons. We were not wrong in our decision. It was probably my favorite roll we had. The flavors are so individual and the texture of each an exquisite combination. I loved the sesame seeds on the top as well. I can see myself ordering this over and over. We then ordered the Sushi Donut, one of the specialty sushi rolls. It was fried and it was amazing. I loved the spice/heat in it. So, so, so good! We followed up with the Heaven Roll, another specialty. Our waitress told us a couple times that we should try it, and we could not have been better advised. My boyfriend said this after his first bite, "Oh my gosh! It really is HEAVEN!!!"

All in all, this place, hands down is the best sushi place not only in town, but in the area. The next best place I have eaten sushi was over 2 hours away. I cannot wait to go back and try more and more!

The shop is a little on the small side, they have 10 table tops and the bar. But how it is set up is brilliant. You do not feel like you are dining with someone you do not know. It is all very intimate and the decor is so fresh and fun. Lime green walls, what looked to be hand made yarn lamp shades of all different colors, Very nice black/white artwork on the walls. And it is just very simple, yet very elegant.

The servers were all very wonderfully nice people. Best service in the area, I feel. And prices are minimal for the amount of food you get. We ate too much and waddled out the doors for less than $40.

The only downside(but not by much) is they do not have alcohol sales yet. Our server led us to believe that shortly they will. It would be nice to have a Japanese beer or some saki with the meal. But, that is not enough of a downside to deter anyone!!!

Thanks Han and staff for an amazing experience!!

2  Thank Okieamber

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I frequent sushi restaurants around the area. Until now, NW Arkansas was the best we'd found. But after this visit, I'm not so sure!

Excellent flavor and quality. Loved our first experience and we will be back again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This new restaurant is always brimming with people. The sushi is excellent, the atmosphere is fantastic and the service is spectacular. We make it a point to stop in at least once a week for the perfect lunch date!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was only my second time to ever have sushi and it was fantastic! I am so glad that Han is in Joplin. :-)
We had the crunchy tempura shrimp roll (x2), the Philadelphia roll, and the sashimi. The shrimp roll I will be having every time I go back. My husband really liked the sashimi. The Philadelphia roll was very good but we liked the other even better.
The wait staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant was clean, atmosphere good, all in all it was a great place for a fun Valentine's dinner with my husband!
(I would have taken a picture of the entire plate but we had already eaten two pieces before I thought of it!)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This restaurant is new and has yet to find its pace. We waited just under an hour for sushi and we got there before the lunch rush. There were two sushi chefs working at the time and by the time we left, every table had people at it.

We got the sushi lover's plate. The fish flavor and texture was excellent. My main complaint is that the majority of the plate was based on California Rolls. And unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the California Roll because the rice was a bit too sweet and the combo with imitation crab wasn't great. The sashimi pieces were excellent. The tempura shrimp roll was also good and crunchy (something that we never would have ordered otherwise).

The restaurant did not have ice for drinks. I don't know if that will change but for now, they only have tap water with no ice as well as bottled soda and water.

We will go back and just order sashimi but we will give the place a chance to find a better rhythm. It is/will be a great addition to Joplin.