“Wow, wow, wow!!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Joplin, Missouri
“Wow, wow, wow!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was only my second time to ever have sushi and it was fantastic! I am so glad that Han is in Joplin. :-)
We had the crunchy tempura shrimp roll (x2), the Philadelphia roll, and the sashimi. The shrimp roll I will be having every time I go back. My husband really liked the sashimi. The Philadelphia roll was very good but we liked the other even better.
The wait staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant was clean, atmosphere good, all in all it was a great place for a fun Valentine's dinner with my husband!
(I would have taken a picture of the entire plate but we had already eaten two pieces before I thought of it!)

SW MO
“Good sashimi, long wait”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This restaurant is new and has yet to find its pace. We waited just under an hour for sushi and we got there before the lunch rush. There were two sushi chefs working at the time and by the time we left, every table had people at it.

We got the sushi lover's plate. The fish flavor and texture was excellent. My main complaint is that the majority of the plate was based on California Rolls. And unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the California Roll because the rice was a bit too sweet and the combo with imitation crab wasn't great. The sashimi pieces were excellent. The tempura shrimp roll was also good and crunchy (something that we never would have ordered otherwise).

The restaurant did not have ice for drinks. I don't know if that will change but for now, they only have tap water with no ice as well as bottled soda and water.

We will go back and just order sashimi but we will give the place a chance to find a better rhythm. It is/will be a great addition to Joplin.

“Best in the business!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I did not like sushi, I loved fish but the few times I had tried it it was disgusting. That was until Han convinced me to try a piece of his crunchy tempura shrimp. I have since become a sushi addict! I love everything he makes, the quality of the fish is outstanding and his rice is cooked precisely to perfection. I recommend everyone give him a try. If you are a beginner like I was, or even a seasoned sushi vet try the crunchy tempura shrimp! The atmosphere is very relaxed modern an chic perfect for date night or quick lunch w the girls!

Joplin, Missouri, United States
“Best sushi in Joplin”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

During his 8 years of producing fresh, delicious sushi for Joplin's Price Cutter, Han earned the reputation of best sushi chef in town. His much-anticipated restaurant opening has not disappointed his loyal fans. The whimsical and funky decor of his restaurant, combined with the friendly and welcoming wait staff, provide the perfect backdrop for a fun and delectable culinary experience. Dine in or carry out, Han's sushi is made fresh daily and is sure to satisfy even the most sophisticated palate.

1 Thank Dawn S

Been to Han the Sushi Man? Share your experiences!