“VERY close to 5 stars”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
Tucson, Arizona
“VERY close to 5 stars”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel *should* have 5 stars from me (and I *rarely* give out 5 stars). It's truly an ideal property. For a Residence Inn, it is large and elegant (wide hallways, recently built, clearly built with extra cash to put in higher quality details). The staff is extraordinary, the food was above the norm for a RI, and the place had a hip feel (not many Residence Inns have a gentle whole hotel audio system softly playing the Beatles, Eagles, Steve Miller, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young et al). This hotel's only weakness is that it is VERY hard to find ... and it is NOT properly listed on either Google or Apple maps (in fact, both will take you to a place over a mile away in the middle of a residential neighborhood). What makes this oversight worth taking away a star is that the management and staff know this and haven't fixed it. This is not the staff's fault, but it is a failure of management. So all in all a great property, but getting there is genuinely more than half the battle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an easy access place that handles dogs and has some great rooms. There is a good reception at night and also many sweet places to eat within walking distance or a short ride. This was one part of a multi-state trip and was a great place to relax.

Room Tip: The upper floors have balcony's
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would definitely rate this a five if only I had stayed the one night, but I found a few minor issues after extending my stay another night. Very, very comfortable room. I requested a balcony room and got a ground floor one which was most convenient for taking my dog out. I love a hotel room with a balcony. TripAdvisor should make it a searchable amenity. The bed and linens were divine and I also loved the large HD TVs with a lot of channels. Also loved the lobby area, nightly meal. room kitchen facilities, and the breakfast. The staff was cheerful and helpful, especially Isaac. The outdoor areas just need a bit of sweeping as there were a lot of cob webs on my balcony, and also around the pool furniture. I wanted to relax on a pool lounger and read, but they were unusable due to the ratted and ripped up lounge cushions. Really kind of strange because the rest of the property is so lovely and well kept. Also notable was that despite having a freeway facing room, I had a great nights sleep as I just heard a minor hum of the traffic. Very soundproof rooms. I did not hear neighbors either.

Room Tip: 123 facing the freeway had a nice balcony for travel with a dog.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I took an extended weekend trip to this lovely town that we had many times driven through but never stopped. This was my first time at a Residence Inn. We usually stay at Drury Inn. However, Drury wanted to charge us an extra $25.00 for a Sunday which caused me to search further. This Inn was immaculately clean with well appointed furnishings and well maintained grounds. We had a little mini suite that included a small kitchen (with stove, fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher), living room, bedroom, bath and also a balcony. Comes with two flat screen tv's and wifi access. This place obviously caters to clients who need more long term accommodations, with tons of storage but works really well for travelers as well. There is an outdoor pool and both indoor and outdoor whirlpool that is actually comfortably hot and has plenty of jets. The pool was also crystal clear and well maintained. Breakfast was truly among the best I have had. The only thing lacking I could think of was hard boiled eggs. To top off all that, the staff were absolutely wonderful and accommodating. My only complaint was that although the pillows were to die for, the mattress seemed a little worse for wear. However, that one lapse did not change my mind for giving this establishment 5 stars. All this room for only slightly above the average nightly fee at other hotels (Hampton Inn etc).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from a multi-state trip. This was by far the best hotel we stayed at the entire vacation. It is new and has large soundproof rooms. The suite was large enough for our family of 6. The free breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I gave this hotel 5 stars partly because the stay was "excellent", but also because the room, service and amenities were exceptional for the price range. Every staff member I encountered greeted me warmly. The room was above average for a Residence Inn-spotless and upgraded bathroom. The breakfast room was large and warmer than most and the breakfast itself was very well put on.

Good experience!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a beautiful property. I've just recently started giving the Marriot brands a chance again, and this hotel blows the rest out of the water. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The hotel and room were very well maintained and clean. I wasn't able to be at the hotel for the evening meal, but breakfast was nice with pretty standard choices. The reason I didn't give it the highest rating is because I prefer a softer mattress. It seems like all of the Marriott properties have very firm mattresses. Some people prefer firm, I just am not one of them. If fact, one of the main reasons I stay primarily at Hilton properties is the soft comfy bed and pillows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business