“Great for longer stays”

Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Joplin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a few business trips and stayed here which was perfect because they had a full kitchen, pretty clean, the staff was very accomodating and nice. Within walking distance of other hotels, restaurants and a couple bars as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for your business and the great review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear you were pleased with your stay! If work or leisure brings you to the Joplin area, please give us a call. We would love for you to stay again!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a good one night stay here in Joplin, the hotel was conveniently located near the freeway and plenty of restaurants nearby. Rooms were clean, we were on the smoking floor which was unfortunate however we did request two double beds so that was what we were stuck with however we couldn't smell anything in the room just the hallway. Staff were friendly, the shop downstairs was cheap for supplies and the free laundry was very handy as we had been on the road for sometime now.
A good stay, and would recommend to anyone who requires a place for an extended or overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank eeliechick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear eeliechick,

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel I've stayed in. I always love Candlewood!! Staff was very nice and rooms are clean and beautiful. My favorite by far. Just can't say enough good things about it :-)
Free Internet , nice parking, great area!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel! I think Candlewood Suites is the BEST too! I'm very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. If your ever in need of lodging next time your in the Joplin area, please give us a call. We would love for you to stay again. Thank you for your business and the kind words.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

In Joplin on business needed quick one night stay. Found the room very comfortable, clean, and quiet. Nice new flat screen in the room is always appreciated. Easy internet access is also a must; room had both. Staff was nice and the breakfast was adequate to fit our needs.

Room Tip: Always ask for a top floor room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to her that you enjoyed your stay! If you ever have lodging needs in the Joplin area again, please feel free to contact me directly. We would love for you stay again!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Outside of being able to hear the neighbors upstairs moving around after they come in for the night, it was a perfect stay. They walked around for a few minutes then it was all quiet all night. We had two rooms next to each other and both were spotless.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Sorry to hear about the noise level above you. I'm glad it didn't last long and you were able to sleep soundly the rest of the night. Thank you for complimenting us on how clean your suites were. I'll be sure to inform my suite attendants. Again, thank you for the kind review!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at most every brand of extended stay hotel, but my stay at this Candlewood Suites in Joplin was (by far) the best ever!

Everything about the room was big and spacious. The refrigerator was full-sized; the bathroom had plenty of countertop space. I was able to spread out my work papers, a laptop and a printer/scanner on the desk (and there were lots of outlets for everything) There was plenty of storage area for my two weeks worth of stuff. The kitchen area had a dishwasher (I've never seen that before) and was stocked with plenty of kitchen implements and enough service items for four. The HD tv was large and featured an extensive channel lineup.

Out-of-room amenities included a free guest laundry, outdoor gas grills and an honor system canteen with snack items. Unlike a lot of extended stay places, this Candlewood front desk is staffed 24 hours a day. On top of it all, the rates are comparable to (or better than) even the lower-priced extended stay places.

This property can be a little difficult to locate among a sea of hotels nearby. Also, Rangeline Road was under long-term construction while I was there, adding to the traffic hassles.

I can understand how short-term guests might miss some of the traditional hotel services (such as daily housekeeping and a swimming pool). But, for the traveler who often stays in extended stay hotels, Candlewood in Joplin is Excellent-Plus!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your business and your time to write such a nice review for our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay on so many levels...clean spacious room, friendly staff and great amenities. If your needing lodging in the Joplin area again, please feel free to contact me directly. We would love for you to stay again!

Joplin, MO 65804

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel room itself was average, fairly clean, but incredibly noisy. I always wear earplugs, which are necessary. The vent in the bathroom howled whenever anyone turned the water on. It is also difficult to access from the highway, and you have to drive through a convenience store parking lot to get there.

The main problem we had was getting anyone to give us a receipt for our visit, or to assist us in accessing it. I contacted both management and the on-line help service twice and never got a response. The desk crew was grumpy and sharp to me when I asked them about it.

Room Tip: There are many motels in the area, I will choose another one if I stay in the area again.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Adelia G,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of our property. It is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the service that you received. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more details about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G