“NICE QUIET HOTEL!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pampa, Texas
“NICE QUIET HOTEL!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Outside of being able to hear the neighbors upstairs moving around after they come in for the night, it was a perfect stay. They walked around for a few minutes then it was all quiet all night. We had two rooms next to each other and both were spotless.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Sorry to hear about the noise level above you. I'm glad it didn't last long and you were able to sleep soundly the rest of the night. Thank you for complimenting us on how clean your suites were. I'll be sure to inform my suite attendants. Again, thank you for the kind review!
Your friend in hospitality,
417-623-9595

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at most every brand of extended stay hotel, but my stay at this Candlewood Suites in Joplin was (by far) the best ever!

Everything about the room was big and spacious. The refrigerator was full-sized; the bathroom had plenty of countertop space. I was able to spread out my work papers, a laptop and a printer/scanner on the desk (and there were lots of outlets for everything) There was plenty of storage area for my two weeks worth of stuff. The kitchen area had a dishwasher (I've never seen that before) and was stocked with plenty of kitchen implements and enough service items for four. The HD tv was large and featured an extensive channel lineup.

Out-of-room amenities included a free guest laundry, outdoor gas grills and an honor system canteen with snack items. Unlike a lot of extended stay places, this Candlewood front desk is staffed 24 hours a day. On top of it all, the rates are comparable to (or better than) even the lower-priced extended stay places.

This property can be a little difficult to locate among a sea of hotels nearby. Also, Rangeline Road was under long-term construction while I was there, adding to the traffic hassles.

I can understand how short-term guests might miss some of the traditional hotel services (such as daily housekeeping and a swimming pool). But, for the traveler who often stays in extended stay hotels, Candlewood in Joplin is Excellent-Plus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your business and your time to write such a nice review for our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay on so many levels...clean spacious room, friendly staff and great amenities. If your needing lodging in the Joplin area again, please feel free to contact me directly. We would love for you to stay again!

Joplin, MO 65804
corder, missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel room itself was average, fairly clean, but incredibly noisy. I always wear earplugs, which are necessary. The vent in the bathroom howled whenever anyone turned the water on. It is also difficult to access from the highway, and you have to drive through a convenience store parking lot to get there.

The main problem we had was getting anyone to give us a receipt for our visit, or to assist us in accessing it. I contacted both management and the on-line help service twice and never got a response. The desk crew was grumpy and sharp to me when I asked them about it.

Room Tip: There are many motels in the area, I will choose another one if I stay in the area again.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Adelia G,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review of our property. It is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the service that you received. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more details about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clay Center, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband for business. He was extremely happy and said he did not want to get out of the comfortable bed in the morning. He wants me to book this hotel for him every time he is in Joplin. He loved the kitchen and the extra space. The staff upgraded him from a queen to a king suite due to our Priority Club Platinum Elite status. All the staff was extremely pleasant during my phone conversations with them regarding my husbands stay. Great place.

Room Tip: Room 424 was extremely comfortable...king suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I remember visiting with your husband when he was checking out and heading to another Candlewood Suites. The Candlewood Suites is a great bunch of hotels! I'm very glad he enjoyed the comforts of our King Suite as a Platinum member upgrade. Thank you for complimenting my staff on the level of customer service you and your husband had experienced here in Joplin. We are looking forward to your next visit! Again, thank you for your time and the wonderful review.

Your friend in hospitality!
417-623-9595 ext. 112
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you like extended stay hotels, then this is a good one. You only get housekeeping once a week and since we were only there 5 nights, we had to do our own housekeeping. I’m not really into bringing my bathroom and kitchen towels to the front desk for fresh ones and I certainly was not going to change the sheets. Now maybe if the rate had been substantially lower than other hotels with daily service, I might have been more receptive. I will say the hotel is very clean and while the bed was comfortable enough, it was a very small “queen” size bed. We never heard any hallway noise, but the people above sounded like a herd of elephants all night long. But, it was not so loud that I could not sleep. The fitness center was nice and the room behind it had free washers and dryers. It’s a nice hotel, but probably won’t be my choice should I visit Joplin again.

Room Tip: Try a top floor so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meekos7
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that there were elephants staying above you. I'll be honest I have heard the same complaint from other guests. We do light touch up housekeeping if it's requested. I do apologize that this was not explained to you at time of check-in. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and that you did have a comfortable stay. I hope you give us another chance next time your in the Joplin area. I would love the opportunity to make you stay a wonderful one! Daily housekeeping and no elephants will be top priority. Again, thank you for the review and your business!
Your friend in hospitality!
Joplin, MO
417-623-9595 ext 112
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I made reservations here after reading Trip Advisor reviews. I agree with folks that found the Joplin Candlewood Suite a good place to stay. We came in after a long drive and were greeted cheerfully. Once our resrevation was found, I was promptly thanked for being a Priority Club member. We typically travel in our Class C motorhome so we have all our normal conveniences with us. The room we had (216) met our expectations - plenty of room and the capability to fix our own snacks, etc. Restaurants were close by and accessible by foot. I did a bunch of comparison shopping and the price for what we received was excellent. We plan to stay here on our return trip.

I was impressed that when we checked out I was handed their business card and on the back was the web site for Trip Advisor. I was asked to rate our stay.

For readers: The only down part has nothing to do with the hotel...road construction. I missed the turn to the hotel but was able to recover easily.

Room Tip: We had 216 which looked out to the front parking area. Nice space for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rvtraveller_10
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you were cheerfully and promptly greeted as a Priority Club member. We look forward to your next visit! Again thank you for the wonderful review!
Joplin, MO 64804\
amy@cwjoplin.com
Sun City West, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for one night on a trip back from Arizona. Front desk told us they were putting us on the 4th floor so we wouldn't hear the ball team. That was nice, but it turns out the fourth floor alternates smoking and non-smoking rooms. Either the ventilation system is poor or someone violated the non-smoking room policy and smoked in our room. We also noted a smell of smoke in the lobby and elevator. Definitely not the place to stay if you are serious about the non-smoking policy. We told the person at the front desk we were not pleased and all he did was note the alternate smoking/non-smoking room arrangement. These folks need to rethink the policy. We have since cancelled two other room reservations we scheduled for later in the month at a different city. We will not return to Candlewood suites.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay on the fourth floor if you want a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were not pleased with your suite. I wish we would have known when you first checked-in. We would have helped you move to another suite on a different floor. Candlewood Suites is a great brand I wish you would reconsider staying with us again. If you are traveling to the Joplin area please contact me. I would like the opportunity to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. Thank you again for your review.