“WILL BE BACK WHEN IN JOPLIN”

Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Joplin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband for business. He was extremely happy and said he did not want to get out of the comfortable bed in the morning. He wants me to book this hotel for him every time he is in Joplin. He loved the kitchen and the extra space. The staff upgraded him from a queen to a king suite due to our Priority Club Platinum Elite status. All the staff was extremely pleasant during my phone conversations with them regarding my husbands stay. Great place.

Room Tip: Room 424 was extremely comfortable...king suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I remember visiting with your husband when he was checking out and heading to another Candlewood Suites. The Candlewood Suites is a great bunch of hotels! I'm very glad he enjoyed the comforts of our King Suite as a Platinum member upgrade. Thank you for complimenting my staff on the level of customer service you and your husband had experienced here in Joplin. We are looking forward to your next visit! Again, thank you for your time and the wonderful review.

Your friend in hospitality!
417-623-9595 ext. 112

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel

Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you like extended stay hotels, then this is a good one. You only get housekeeping once a week and since we were only there 5 nights, we had to do our own housekeeping. I’m not really into bringing my bathroom and kitchen towels to the front desk for fresh ones and I certainly was not going to change the sheets. Now maybe if the rate had been substantially lower than other hotels with daily service, I might have been more receptive. I will say the hotel is very clean and while the bed was comfortable enough, it was a very small “queen” size bed. We never heard any hallway noise, but the people above sounded like a herd of elephants all night long. But, it was not so loud that I could not sleep. The fitness center was nice and the room behind it had free washers and dryers. It’s a nice hotel, but probably won’t be my choice should I visit Joplin again.

Room Tip: Try a top floor so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meekos7

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that there were elephants staying above you. I'll be honest I have heard the same complaint from other guests. We do light touch up housekeeping if it's requested. I do apologize that this was not explained to you at time of check-in. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and that you did have a comfortable stay. I hope you give us another chance next time your in the Joplin area. I would love the opportunity to make you stay a wonderful one! Daily housekeeping and no elephants will be top priority. Again, thank you for the review and your business!
Your friend in hospitality!
Joplin, MO
417-623-9595 ext 112

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I made reservations here after reading Trip Advisor reviews. I agree with folks that found the Joplin Candlewood Suite a good place to stay. We came in after a long drive and were greeted cheerfully. Once our resrevation was found, I was promptly thanked for being a Priority Club member. We typically travel in our Class C motorhome so we have all our normal conveniences with us. The room we had (216) met our expectations - plenty of room and the capability to fix our own snacks, etc. Restaurants were close by and accessible by foot. I did a bunch of comparison shopping and the price for what we received was excellent. We plan to stay here on our return trip.

I was impressed that when we checked out I was handed their business card and on the back was the web site for Trip Advisor. I was asked to rate our stay.

For readers: The only down part has nothing to do with the hotel...road construction. I missed the turn to the hotel but was able to recover easily.

Room Tip: We had 216 which looked out to the front parking area. Nice space for a couple.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rvtraveller_10
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you were cheerfully and promptly greeted as a Priority Club member. We look forward to your next visit! Again thank you for the wonderful review!
Joplin, MO 64804\
amy@cwjoplin.com

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for one night on a trip back from Arizona. Front desk told us they were putting us on the 4th floor so we wouldn't hear the ball team. That was nice, but it turns out the fourth floor alternates smoking and non-smoking rooms. Either the ventilation system is poor or someone violated the non-smoking room policy and smoked in our room. We also noted a smell of smoke in the lobby and elevator. Definitely not the place to stay if you are serious about the non-smoking policy. We told the person at the front desk we were not pleased and all he did was note the alternate smoking/non-smoking room arrangement. These folks need to rethink the policy. We have since cancelled two other room reservations we scheduled for later in the month at a different city. We will not return to Candlewood suites.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay on the fourth floor if you want a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were not pleased with your suite. I wish we would have known when you first checked-in. We would have helped you move to another suite on a different floor. Candlewood Suites is a great brand I wish you would reconsider staying with us again. If you are traveling to the Joplin area please contact me. I would like the opportunity to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I first "found" Candlewood after the Joplin Tornado after being a Holiday Inn customer forever. It's close to the interstate without the noise like Holiday Inn, the price was better and the rooms are great. To compare it to the others in the area you get the full advantages of a suite (kitchen, LCD TV etc) but at a better price and no noisy interstate 44. The only draw back is there is no breakfast served but there's a Denny's and Waffle House in the same complex.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeG_82272
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and was able to sleep comfortable without traffic noise from the interstate. I agree with you our rooms are great! We look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you for the wonderful review.

amy@cwjoplin.com

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was in town for a week on business, I originally booked the Quality Inn but only stayed there one night because that hotel had some issues(see my other review for more details). So I moved over to the Candlewood instead, which was only a few $$$'s more but a far, far nicer hotel overall.

As others have mentioned the hotel is sort of hiding behind to Best Western and Baymont Inn, best thing to do when you get on Range Line Rd is too look for the Waffle House and turn like you are going in there, that is the entrance that you will use to access the hotel. Just keep going straight past the BW and Baymont Inn and there is the Candlewood.

This is a pretty typical Candlewood has all the stuff you would expect to find, free laundry, kitchenette, Candlewood cupboard, etc. The rooms are in excellent condition, the beds are Sealy Posteurpedic which are rather firm mattresses but this one had a pretty plush pillowtop so it wasn't too bad. Can't say the same for some Candlewoods though, some have older, worn Posturepedic mattresses that can be pretty rough, however, the Joplin ones are in good shape still.

Wireless Internet worked well and was fast, download speeds measured about 7Mbps so that's pretty decent.

Hotel seems pretty quiet overall but I did have a guest above me who liked to stomp around a LOT, never fails I always seem to have an idiot above me who likes to do that though when I'm in a hotel.

The only other real gripes I have is that the employees I encountered were not really very friendly at all. Housekeepers didn't acknowledge you in the hall if you passed them and the front desk folks were not that great either.

Another idiotic thing is that you could not open the windows more then about 2 inches total as they had some restrictor put on them. Despite not being able to get any fresh air in the room I could also see this being an issue if there was a fire, you would have to find something to break the window first and then try not to slash a major artery in the process of climbing out. By the time you were FINALLY able to get out you would probably have already burnt up anyway. Just let people open the dumb windows already, many hotels do this unfortunately, it has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

All in all this is a pretty solid hotel though, I'll call it 3.75 stars, would be 4 if the service was better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AlCzervik1
Amy N, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Joplin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you found your siute in "excellent condition". I'm happy you choose to stay with us for the rest of your trip here in Joplin. I'm sorry to hear about the noise level you experienced from the guest above you and I'm shocked to hear about the atmosphere you encountered with my staff during your stay. I'm glad that you slept comfortable on our pillowtop matress and were pleased with the speed of our wireless internet. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs next time your in the Joplin area. Again thank you for your review and the great tip for other travelers on how to find us with ease!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like the Candlewood Suites. They are spacious and comfortable. This particular one was excellent as always. The Staff is great, the room nice and clean and really quiet for a good nights sleep. The only thing I think needs improvement is that there really aren't any road signs telling you that it is hidden behind the other hotels and I found it using my GPS. I had a trailer on this trip and the parking lot was large and could easily accommodate my rig .

Room Tip: Top floor is for smokers and we stayed on the third
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kenneth7228

Dear Traveler,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad to hear you were pleased and comfortable during your stay! I agree we do have a friendly staff and it is a little tricky finding us. I'm happy that you found our parking lot was adequate to suit your needs. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Joplin area. Please feel free to contact me directly for your lodging needs. Again thank you for the wonderful review!
Joplin, MO 64801